Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2002, 06:23 PM   #1
Thairen
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Before i purchase NWN i was wondering how it compared to DS.Alot of people said DS was a good game, however after playing it for two weeks i just couldnt get 'into' it and stopped.All of the BG series were great,i finished I,II,TOTSC,SOA and TOB as well as Icewind.If NWN is as enjoyable as those i'd like to getit,but if its anything like DS(gameplay wise) could someone let me know,thanks.
Thairen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 06:27 PM   #2
Tyrion
Quintesson

I'm liking it so far...but it dosen't quite compare to BG, but maybe that is because it is 3d...

I'd buy it if I were you!
Old 07-13-2002, 07:00 PM   #3
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

DS graphic is nicer, music is nicer,your character can automatically attack any monster. that's it.

NWN got lots of quest to do, got some romance ( a bit ) , got storyline.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 07:11 PM   #4
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i say there is NO comparison. NWN wins hands down. i gave my copy of ds to my boss at work, and he doesnt play it, he is stuck on NWN too. ds was crap to me, so it was $50 wasted. not so with NWN, very much worth while.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 08:42 PM   #5
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Maybe Icewind Dale 2 will be out soon!!Just finished NWN and it seemed too short!The dungeons were too small DS's dungeons were much more ..everything! Bigger more diverse etc...But I still enjoyed NVN very much and will play it again..
Old 07-13-2002, 09:26 PM   #6
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

I like Dungeon Siege. Yeah it's not a RPG in the real sense of the word and it's almost arcade like and VERY linear, and I generally like stuff like BG series/Fallout/etc. better BUT all I know is I was hooked on it for the 2 weeks I spent playing it in which I completed it and moved on. It's got really gorgeous graphics, sounds, animation and music. It's a ton better than Diablo, which I don't like even though I've played and completed both, and it's cool to have DS around if you are in the mood to play something quick and easy. In short, it's like a glorified Diablo and if and when they make a Diablo 3, it's going to be tough to beat DS because if D3 was made it probably would be like DS.

NwN is like BG2 crossed with Dungeon Siege, but not quite as epic story as you think from that but not as arcade like either, if that makes sense. Eh... just buy it.
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2002, 09:28 PM   #7
Medieval Dead
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
Just finished NWN and it seemed too short!The dungeons were too small DS's dungeons were much more ..everything! Bigger more diverse etc...But I still enjoyed NVN very much and will play it again..
I agree, BUT NwN has a lot of replayability AND there are already 3 Official modules you can download and play by yourself or friends and many more to come. NwN is a game that will never end, even if you have solved the Official Module that came with the game.
Medieval Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 12:50 AM   #8
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

What DS? That game has been non-existent to me for ages... I wasted my money on it... on which if I still didn't buy that... maybe I could have done a lot more with it...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2002, 07:03 AM   #9
Madman-Rogovich
Lord Soth

yah i bought both and Ds is so boring now nwn just has so much more thigs to do classes , quests possibilities plus the whole online aspect!