Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2001, 12:17 PM   #1
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Howdy all,

I have a strange question for some of you out there that may have seen this odd phenemenon before. I currently have a level 52 Assassin who has close to 30 in hit and parry, but only 18 speed.

His class progression was as follows:

Wizard
Bard
Ranger
Warlock
Paladin
Assassin

Now, his speed was close to or was 18 when he became an Assassin, and now at level 52, his speed hasn't changed at all. He has 335 HP and nearly maxed out stats, but all the other characters (who are much slower in class and race) have the same speed level. They are also level 52, but one of which is an Oomphaz Samurai, a slower class and race, and her speed is also 18.

Any ideas why his speed has not changed? I find it odd since a Ratling is the fastet class with the highest starting agility and dexterity, and the Assassin's speed rating is AA+!?!?!?

I'm a little confused...unless 18 is the cap for speed? Doesn't make any sense to me.

Best,

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 10:18 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Scronan!!!

What is your character's agility and dexterity??

Speed is one of those derived attributes - calculated from combinations of the base attributes, race and class.

Might be a glitch (there are a "couple" (cough cough) within the game) or may be very normal since there is a limit to how high you can raise the base attributes from which things like speed are derived.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

I don't understand how the speed stat is calculated. However I do know that 18 is not the max because I have a few super high level charcters with higher speeds. The highest was 24 but I have a level 125 zenmaster who somehow managed to get fortitude to 25 and speed also to 25..

Of the three elite roles (assassin, valkyrie and zenmaster), I have found assassins to be the weakest gaining the least hit points and mana points. Maybe this is the price of having the option so early in the game...
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 05:02 PM   #4
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Wyvern!

I believe my Ratling has 22-24 in both Agility and Dexterity. I do have a level 15 Zenmaster (Elf) from a previous game who has 30 speed, so I'm just not sure what is going on. It must be a glitch!

I've found that according to race, stats and class, Speed, Parry and Hit go up as you level up, usually according to the levels that the manual states. How fast they go up tends to be dictated by said factors, but it just keeps going up as you level up, like hit points and mana.

BTW, as someone mentioned Assassin's not having high hit points, I've found any character with at least a "B" for HP gets quite a bit.

The same ratling assassin once got 45 HP in one level, and 335 HP for a ratling at level 52 isn't too shabby. My Oomphaz Samurai has about 370, Gourk Paladin 400, and my Lizzord Barbarian has almost 500. All are level 52.

On that note, my Gourk once got 72 HP in one level as a Paladin, bringing him from 400 and surpassing my Lizzord Barbarian. I didn't save the game where this happened since I messed something else up, but I did see it, and was amazed! So, sometime soon he's liable to get another huge boost.

BTW, all classes get mana the same way. If the role you are in is below the level of your new class, you will only get 10 Mana per book upon level up. Otherwise, your spirituality is the amount of mana you get. So, now that my characters all have 21-24 in Spirituality, the get a lot of Mana at level up. Also, keep in mind that using a Book to learn a spell only gives you 10 Mana, so learning spells this way is faster, but you have less Mana in the long run.

Currently, all of my characters all have close to 800 Mana in all their spell books, only two of them were missing Stone but have everything else. But after switching these two to Valkyrie and Zenmaster, they are both getting Stone magic mana at an astronomical rate since they have high spirituality and are not buying spell books.

Thanks for all the help everyone, I think my question has been answered!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote