Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2002, 06:39 PM   #1
Iron Spike
Dungeon Master

what would the best multiclass or dual classed char be, im personally using a fighter mage cleric but what other class combos are good
Iron Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 06:57 PM   #2
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

I would never use a triple class...unless I was soloing...then it would be a fighter/mage/thief.

I would have a fighter/mage, a fighter/cleric and a cleric thief
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 07:10 PM   #3
Iron Spike
Dungeon Master

actually, i am soloing thats y i use him
Iron Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2002, 08:04 PM   #4
the new JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Favourite multiclasses :
Fighter/druid
cleric/mage
ranger/cleric
In that order
Old 06-03-2002, 09:27 PM   #5
Dippy Dawg
Welcomed New User

For dual-classing try starting off with a mage and at about level 13 or 14 dual over to cleric, then you'll have a high level mage that can use a mase/shield combo.
if you can get your cleric past you mage level then you'll have a bitchin character
Old 06-11-2002, 10:35 PM   #6
Heat Miser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i don't know why someone would use a fighter/cleric. you're still restricted by the cleric's anti-edge weapons.... so what's the point of that? the cleric can use any armor, and the only real benefit are the spells...

but if you're hit while casting, bye-bye spell. if you're hit while swinging a two-handed blade as a fighter, bye-bye opponent...

i can maybe, maybe see the mage/cleric type. but i also figure six party slots is enough to cover all bases.... i'd like to see a "demonknight" character who is an "anti-paladin" myself.

-H/M-
Heat Miser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2002, 10:21 PM   #7
Magness
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Heat Miser:
i don't know why someone would use a fighter/cleric. you're still restricted by the cleric's anti-edge weapons.... so what's the point of that? the cleric can use any armor, and the only real benefit are the spells...
-H/M-
Not that I've played one, but here's a few reasons for a dual class fighter-cleric.

1. Starting as a fighter, you could get an 18/xx STR and with a high CON, you could build up a really nice # of HP prior to dualling to a cleric.

2. Also starting as a fighter, you could really build up your weapon prof's in a blunt weapon or 2.

3. After you've dualed to a fighter/cleric and have reactivated your fighter skills, you'll have a seriously good fighting cleric.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 12:10 AM   #8
Heat Miser
Elite Waterdeep Guard

okay-- i still don't agree with watering down a fighter with a spellcaster. daggers and slings and clubs aren't exactly the powerhouse weapons of the realm. and why waste all of that experience on a class that doesn't improve your primary function?

again, i can maybe see one of the six players as a multi-class "i've already beat the game, i just want to experiment..." type thing, but my 1st time through, i want to obliterate everything in my path, and a multi-class character just doesn't advance as quickly, doesn't get as strong as fast, and basically has to "restart" upon switching to the other job.

anybody out there seen a Shaquille O'Neal character class?

-H/M-
Heat Miser is offline   Reply With Quote