Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2004, 09:41 PM   #1
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Alright, I know it's cheating, but this deal is just too sweet.

I used ShadowKeeper to add a Bag of Holding to my solo Bard's inventory to help carry the numerous items he has accumulated. Since I don't have extra party members to help carry the load, I have had to fill half of my slots with items of this nature. ALL of the other items (2 Gem Bags, 1 Scroll Case, 1 Potion Case, an Ammo Belt and a Wolfskin Bag that acts like a minor Bag of Holding)were gained legitimately. I have sold all the items I know I won't be using, but I've often stolen them back so I could sell them again to a different merchant. I also am keeping a few items I know other characters can use because I plan to have my bard help most of the NPC's with their personal quests (so they will need some items too).

Anyway, I noticed there were several different Bags of Holding listed in the ShadowKeeper Item Lister, but didn't think much about it. I just chose one at random and added it to my inventory. I placed the few items I needed to inside the bag, then went on my adventuring way. Then it came time to retrieve something from the Bag of Holding. I opened it up - and discovered that it had come "pre-loaded" with several items.
[img]graemlins/jawdrop.gif[/img]
And I'm not talking about miscellaneous stuff. I'm talking about extremely nice items. Items like a Hammer of Thunderbolts +3, Kitthix, Silver Horn of Valhalla, Cloak of Protection +2, Belm +2, Malakar +2 and even the Flail of Ages +3. [img]graemlins/yippee.gif[/img] I couldn't believe it. So I went back into Shadowkeeper and opened up a File of a Game that I haven't actually started playing yet. I had just gone through the opening sequence of adding Imoen, Jaheira and Minsc to the party in Chateau Irenicus before saving the game.

I discovered that there are a total of 18 different Bags of Holding available through SK. Of these, only 2 are completely empty. The rest come loaded with a cart-load of extremely nice items as listed above. One bag had +3 versions of almost every weapon type available (similar to the first room in Chateau that is now thoroughly stocked with all normal weapon types). Some bags had an assortment of weapons, armor and scrolls and some have Kitthix, the Silver Horn of Valhalla AND the Golden Lion available.

I am currently working on a detailed list that gives the item code combined with the items available in that particular bag. This will allow any interested parties to "browse" through the items available and decide which one would be best for their character or party. For instance, one Bag of Holding (and only one) has the Harp of Dischord in it. That would have been perfect for my solo bard. Unfortunately, that wasn't the one I added to his inventory (although I was still quite pleased with the unexpected bonus treasure I did receive).

The complete list would be far too long to post here, but I will be glad to email it to interested parties once the list is finished (which may take a couple of days before it is actually typed up and ready to Attach to outgoing mail).

Well, I know many of you will frown on this discovery. That's fine. But I also know many of you will be just as excited as I was to add this extra treasure to your inventory.
Old 08-08-2004, 09:50 PM   #2
Imrahil
Elminster

Heh - I think you must have added one of the Throne of Bhaal "starter kits". IIRC, if you start a new character in ToB without transitioning from SoA, you start off with one of several Bags in your inventory, somewhat tailored to your class, giving you better odds than just starting off naked. [img]smile.gif[/img]

- Imrahil
Imrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

i was thinking the same thing with the tob starter thingie. but still its nice to know .

Catch me if you can..
Harkoliar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #4
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

I love those bags of holding, Soloing would be a pain in the A** without em'
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote