Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2001, 12:29 AM   #1
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Veteran's Day

It is the soldier not the reporter,
Who has given us the freedom of the press
Its the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus orginizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstarate.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves benath the flag and whoes coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protesters to burn the flag
Old 11-12-2001, 09:46 AM   #2
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Veteran's Day

It is the soldier not the reporter,
Who has given us the freedom of the press
Its the soldier, not the poet,
Who has given us the freedom of speech.
It is the soldier, not the campus orginizer,
Who has given us the freedom to demonstarate.
It is the soldier who salutes the flag,
Who serves benath the flag and whoes coffin is draped by the flag,
Who allows the protesters to burn the flag

Thanks for posting that! I had thought that most people had forgotten Veterans day. I'ts somewhat upsetting because I served for 8 years in the Army. No, I don't feel that it's about me. I think of this day to honor the fallen heroes. We have so many of them.

As I sit in my mailroom and it's pretty much business as usual, I think back to the time when I was in the Army and we would have the day off to honor our fallen countrymen. I would encourage anyone who reads this to say "thanks" to the veterans that served in the Armed forces during the wars.

I would close this reply with something I heard from the Band of Brothers show. "No, I'm not a hero but I served in a company of heroes."
Old 11-12-2001, 10:07 AM   #3
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Thank's for posting this. My Grandfather served during WWII
and had many picture's taken from the deck's of the battleship's
he served on, some in combat even I just found these a year after
he died, last yr to be exact. He had many photo's of him and his friend's on board ship and on leave, some in Panama some else where, I couldnt read the writing. I can remeber as a child going to the cemetaries on Veteran's day and watching the honor gaurd fire off
there salute's to the deceased. I remember thinking what a tragedey that this happend and the cost of live's livelyhood. I never got to serve in the military due health and crime's of my youth, but we should alway's remember to honor our fallin hero's and the men and women that fought bravely and courageously so that we could experience
life the way it is today.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:52 PM   #4
Hiram Sedai
Emerald Dragon

This is a bump.
Old 11-12-2001, 12:55 PM   #5
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Great post Grand -Ranger, if only some of the people mentioned ion the poem didn't always take it for granted that there's an army to save their asses from hostile nations.
Old 11-12-2001, 04:46 PM   #6
Sorcerer Alex

quote:
Originally posted by Hiram Sedai:

Thanks for posting that! I had thought that most people had forgotten Veterans day. I'ts somewhat upsetting because I served for 8 years in the Army. No, I don't feel that it's about me. I think of this day to honor the fallen heroes. We have so many of them.

As I sit in my mailroom and it's pretty much business as usual, I think back to the time when I was in the Army and we would have the day off to honor our fallen countrymen. I would encourage anyone who reads this to say "thanks" to the veterans that served in the Armed forces during the wars.

I would close this reply with something I heard from the Band of Brothers show. "No, I'm not a hero but I served in a company of heroes."

You're very philosophical for this time of day, Mike. There wouldn't happen to be any brandy in that mailroom of yours would there? I always find that such beverages bring out the true thinker in me, so I'm assuming this goes for you as well

And, so that no-one can accuse me of being thoroughly disrespectful, I do acknowledge and appreciate all the things these soldiers have done for us. They gave their lives for our future, and should be remembered and saluted for their bravery [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-12-2001, 07:58 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

We got today off from work for Veterans Day. I thought about those that risked and lost their lives for us, and those that still do today.

Reality Show Recaps