Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: WOMD in Iraq - Poll for U.S. citizens
Do you believe that WOMD exist in Iraq and will eventually be found ? 14 51.85%
Do you believe that no WOMD will be found because there never were any ? 13 48.15%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2003, 02:03 PM   #1
Moiraine
Anubis

I read yesterday in a French newspaper that 41 % of the U.S. citizens believe that WOMD exist in Iraq and will eventually be found.

So I would like to know what percentage of you IW members and U.S. citizens are of that opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2003, 02:10 PM   #2
Chewbacca
Zartan

I can't answer either accuratly. At one time 10+ years ago the former Iraqi regime had and used womd (bio/chem). I believe they didn't have the womds in recent times like we were told by our goverement. So I am going to choose the "never had womd" option with a disclaimer. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2003, 02:11 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2003, 02:11 PM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

Ziroc ! The 'Poll' feature has a stupid hole : I can't see the results unless I vote - I can't vote since the poll is intended for U.S. citizens only ! Grrr !

EDIT : Yeah, Chewbacca, maybe I framed the second option badly. Which makes me think : the article in the French paper mentioned the resulting percentage, but not the question that was asked. WIll have to look for it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2003, 02:13 PM: Message edited by: Moiraine ]
Old 07-22-2003, 02:20 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

A reason I distrust polls: The results can change with even the most minute difference in the language of the questions. Examining the exact questions used in a poll is paramount to deciding its relative validity IMO. No biggie here I think.

Oh and you could vote either way and post it so folks subtract your vote from that field. Of course there is no stopping anyone here from voting on this where ever they are from. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 07-22-2003, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 07-22-2003, 03:30 PM   #5
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
Ziroc ! The 'Poll' feature has a stupid hole : I can't see the results unless I vote - I can't vote since the poll is intended for U.S. citizens only ! Grrr !
I would like to know what percentage of you IW members and U.S. citizens are of that opinion.

Doeas that really mean that in order to vote one must be both IW and US citizen? or is only one of the above conditions sufficient?
Well, I voted anyway.
Old 07-22-2003, 03:42 PM   #6
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Post it again and include a "just voting to see results" option.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:57 AM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

I really don't care, except politically, whether WoMD are found. That's not the main reason I supported the war: Saddam was a maniacal autocrat who supported terrorism. He had to go.
Old 07-23-2003, 02:05 PM   #8
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

I'm posting the results after I voted, for Moirane. BTW, I believe they will be found.

Do you believe that WOMD exist in Iraq and will eventually be found ? 47% (7)
Do you believe that no WOMD will be found because there never were any ? 53% (8)

I agree with Attalus!!! That's the main reason I supported the war too!!! If we could figure out a way to keep Seoul and Japan from being wiped off the map, I'd be for a war in North Korea too. I'd like to see all the dictators go!!!
Old 07-23-2003, 02:15 PM   #9
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Attalus:
I really don't care, except politically, whether WoMD are found. That's not the main reason I supported the war: Saddam was a maniacal autocrat who supported terrorism. He had to go.
Yeah politically its everything, the credibility of our leadership and thier ability NOT to distort the facts. Politically the TRUTH is everything ain't it?
Old 07-30-2003, 03:39 AM   #10
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Moiraine:
I read yesterday in a French newspaper that 41 % of the U.S. citizens believe that WOMD exist in Iraq and will eventually be found.

So I would like to know what percentage of you IW members and U.S. citizens are of that opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Do you believe that WOMD exist in Iraq and will eventually be found ? 47% (9)
Do you believe that no WOMD will be found because there never were any ? 53% (10)

You need to be logged-in, in order to acess the poll.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote