Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2002, 10:52 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

I had to have my computer hardware/software looked at today by a certified technician because of continuous crashes and the dreaded blue screen. I found out that 1) they used a slot 1 mother board with an application to run my PIII on what is essentially a Pentium II boared. So what I basically have is an 8 cylindar engine that is only running on 5 cylindars and 2) to make matters worse is that my harddrive is not configured right, not at all. So the only way I can fix this is a) get a new motherboard (which is easy) and b)Reformat my drive which is painful. To reformat I must erase everything on my harddrive and reinstall my OS. So this includes BG2. My question is that if I save my most recent game save file to a disk and then after all is corrected and I reinstall BG2, will the game pick up where I left off once I download my last save into the correct file? Thanks.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2002, 11:57 PM   #2
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

yes if save it to disk and then put it back in the save game folder once you have reinstalled BG2 then you will be able to continue from the save
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 04:36 AM   #3
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Strange, I run a PIII900 cpu thru a slot1/socket7 converter on a
slot1 MOBO and have no probs at all. You should use at least WinME
(XP is preferred) and do you have the latest mobo drivers and a AGP
bus driver for Videocard/Mobo connectivity? I used to have blue
screens at the drop off a hat until I installed a turbo agp bus
driver for my G3Ti200 on my asus p3v4x mobo. It runs like a train. No
probs what so ever.
Old 05-29-2002, 05:03 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
I had to have my computer hardware/software looked at today by a certified technician because of continuous crashes and the dreaded blue screen. I found out that 1) they used a slot 1 mother board with an application to run my PIII on what is essentially a Pentium II boared. So what I basically have is an 8 cylindar engine that is only running on 5 cylindars and 2) to make matters worse is that my harddrive is not configured right, not at all. So the only way I can fix this is a) get a new motherboard (which is easy) and b)Reformat my drive which is painful. To reformat I must erase everything on my harddrive and reinstall my OS. So this includes BG2. My question is that if I save my most recent game save file to a disk and then after all is corrected and I reinstall BG2, will the game pick up where I left off once I download my last save into the correct file? Thanks.
As long as you have your save game, you can continue from where you were.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 11:23 AM   #5
Albromor
Mephistopheles

BIG appreciation to everyone who responded. As for the adapter thing, first of all it is a cheap one with a history of problems. I didn't know this, but I am so glad somebody could look and pick it up right away! I still think I'll go ahead and get a PIII motherboard because my motherboard is a PII one. Again, it is much appreciated. I'm too far into the game to have to start all over again.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote