Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2004, 01:44 PM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

September 3, 2004
Clinton Hospitalized With Chest Pains and Will Face Surgery
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

NEW YORK -- Former President Bill Clinton will undergo heart bypass surgery after complaining of mild chest pain and shortness of breath, his office said Friday.

Clinton was being admitted to New York Presbyterian Hospital-Columbia, a statement said. He had seen a doctor first on Thursday, and additional tests Friday revealed the need for the surgery, it said.

Clinton canceled a two-day joint trip with his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, across upstate New York.

The senator and the couple's daughter, Chelsea, will be with the former president in New York City, the statement said.

Clinton, 58, had a cancerous growth removed from his back shortly after leaving office in early 2001. It turned out to be basal cell carcinoma, the most treatable form of skin cancer. In 1996, he had had a precancerous lesion removed from his nose and a year before that had a benign cyst taken off his chest.

Other than that, Clinton has had the normal health problems that often accompany aging -- periods of slightly elevated cholesterol and hearing loss -- and an appetite for junk food. In 1997, he was fitted with hearing aids. He has also suffered from allergies.

In Little Rock, Ark., Clinton's mother-in-law, Dorothy Rodham, said Clinton had called her to tell her about his chest pains.

"He sounded wonderful as usual and very upbeat as he always is," she said. "I just told him how much I love him."

She said she didn't know if he was in the hospital when he called.

There was no official word on when the surgery would take place. A source said the surgery was not likely to take place Friday, but instead at a later date.

An angiogram given to Clinton revealed "significant blockage," said a Democratic official, who had discussed the condition with the former president's staff. It did not appear that Clinton suffered a heart attack, he said. Both sources spoke on condition of anonymity.

The statement by Clinton's office said the former president "went to Northern Westchester Hospital yesterday afternoon after experiencing mild chest pain and shortness of breath. Initial testing was normal and he spent the night at home in nearby Chappaqua, N.Y. After undergoing additional testing this morning at Westchester Medical Center, doctors advised he should undergo bypass surgery."

Hillary Clinton is gearing up for a 2006 re-election bid seen by many as a prelude to a run for president in 2008 should John Kerry fail in his bid for the White House this year.

The Clintons had planned a stop at the State Fair in Syracuse on Friday afternoon and then had been expected to head north for stops in Jefferson and St. Lawrence counties near the Canadian border on Friday night and on Saturday.
Old 09-03-2004, 09:43 PM   #2
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Must be from all that foul pollution he put out while attempting to dish the RNC!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 01:58 AM   #3
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Get well soon Bill! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-04-2004, 04:19 AM   #4
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
Must be from all that foul pollution he put out while attempting to dish the RNC!
...Either that, or you could try the mature and decent approach.

Either way, hope he'll get well soon. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 11:11 AM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
...Either that, or you could try the mature and decent approach.
My apologies, he did say "every four years" we "put on" our "compassioante faces".

But, my thoughts go back to the 6 divisions that he forevermore cased the 'Colors' on. That's over 200K people he put out of work, both military and civilian. I may have CRS, but I do remember how much the VA suffered in monies, and how the benefits were reduced during the 90's. I also remember how the .coms exploded, the economy rose, and we got peanuts for pay raises for 6 of his 7 years approving the bill.

He has to recover! How else will he become the 1st, First Man of the nation?

[ 09-04-2004, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Felix The Assassin ]

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:12 PM   #6
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

That's assuming they can run the Feminazi in 2008.

I don't want the man to die like that...

[ 09-05-2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]
Old 09-04-2004, 06:43 PM   #7
Khazadman Risen
Manshoon

No, that's too easy Oblivion. I want him to spend the rest of his life as some skin heads sex toy!
Old 09-04-2004, 08:18 PM   #8
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

Now that's just mean! I am a mean person...
Old 09-04-2004, 09:12 PM   #9
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
Now that's just mean! I am a mean person...
Mean, just how mean are you?

John F. Kennedy

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Old 09-04-2004, 09:40 PM   #10
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
That's assuming they can run the Feminazi in 2008.

I don't want the man to die like that...

Oblivion, you seroiusly can be a jerk to people you don't like.

[ 09-05-2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]