Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2002, 04:22 AM   #1
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I need just one question answered about Paint Shop Pro 7 [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Yesterday I was mucking around with PSP 7 and started to get angry that I couldn't use PSP 7 to make a cool word and transfer it into Animation Shop and give it some effects! You might not understand what I'm trying to say so I'll give you an example. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Say I write "GokuZool in Paint Shop Pro 7 and I'm happy with it. I then realise that it looks quite plain. So I copy and paste it into Animation Shop and go to Insert Text Effect. This is when I have the problem. When in the text effect window I can't make it so the effect is on the word GokuZool.

If you still don't know what I'm on about I'll post a better example if someone replies. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-29-2002, 04:24 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 03-29-2002, 05:23 AM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

ok, i tried playing around with it a little (I dont like PSP very much )
I found that its better not to past your text into the animator. Just make a new image the size you want, then go to 'effects' and click 'insert text effect'. then click on 'font' and pick your font and size, and type your text in there. then you can pick your effect and it will generate the animation. if you want the text to be over another image you will need to past that image in then add then insert the text effect over it.
Old 03-31-2002, 05:48 PM   #3
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Thanx for that..but is there a way for you to animate stuff inside text and stuff like Saz did to Sir Exxon's and Epona's sigs?
Old 03-31-2002, 09:01 PM   #4
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

if you make the text as an image in PSP AniShop will not recognize it as text, but as bitmapping. you can make the text in AniShop, but of course then you can't use cool filling techniques or wax coating etc. but cool fonts can help to compensate for that.

a good way to do it with images like how you have your name in your sigpic, is to do it frame by frame in PSP and import the frames into AniShop.
Old 04-01-2002, 01:23 AM   #5
GokuZool
Lord Ao

Quote:
but as bitmapping
How do you do that?

[ 04-01-2002, 01:24 AM: Message edited by: GokuZool ]
Old 04-01-2002, 03:50 PM   #6
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

bitmap is just one of two forms of a graphic file. the other is vector

bitmap is a map of what each pixel contains, like jpg, bmp, gif

vector is a series of mathematical equations making the picture. highly changeable. ex being the MSword graphics.
Old 04-06-2002, 06:09 AM   #7
GokuZool
Lord Ao

I think Saz used to make sigs with PSP. I wonder if he knows how to do it....... If you're there do you know how to do what I wrote above ^^^ in the first post [img]smile.gif[/img] . Thanx
Old 04-06-2002, 06:19 AM   #8
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

So which would b better to use for sigs and that sort of thing out of Paint Shop and Photo Shop?? And What is the difference between the two???
Old 04-07-2002, 07:08 PM   #9
rabbit_ate_trix
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Glorfindel:
So which would b better to use for sigs and that sort of thing out of Paint Shop and Photo Shop?? And What is the difference between the two???
PSP is far easier to learn and get used to. also what it can do is far easier. and their are some things it can do that PhotoShop can't.

but if you have the time to really learn PhotoShop it IS better.

personally i have both, and i use PSP way more.
i also much prefer the GUI of PSP.