Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2001, 08:25 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's one that I put together for the incomparable Rikard, aka Jay C Mendez.

It pays to be nice to me!

Jaize, Long Sword +4

This was the weapon of the necromancer famed adventurer Jay C Mendez, Secret Agent of the Order of the Holy Flame. Legend states that Jay C (as he liked to be called) was adventuring in the Snowflake Mountains east of Tethyr when he came upon a Temple of Mystra being despoiled by a lich.

The lich was none other than Jay C's ancient enemy the Hell Lich Wah. The battle was titanic but at the end of it Jay C stood (or swayed, rather) victorious on the field of battle, having destroyed Wah's physical form with his dagger as he had run out of spells. The lich's phylactery was never found, so it is entirely possible that Wah still walks the world, swearing vengeance on Jay C.

Pleased with Jay C's efforts, Mystra granted the necromancer a priceless gift. Noting that he had used his dagger to slay Wah, she enchanted the blade, so it lengthened to that of a long sword and glowed with blue fire, while retaining the weight and speed of a dagger. To this day it is the only sword that mages can use and carries potent magic with it.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities: Protection from Level Drain
Special Abilities: Each hit heals the wielder of 4 hit-point damage
THACO: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +2
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Dagger
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Usable by:
Mage (single, dual and multi)

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-08-2001, 12:08 PM   #2
Gray Mage
Banned User

Memnoch, are these weapons you create yourself, or ones that come from AD&D manuals. How do you come up with the history and attributes?

I hope that this is not a stupid question, as I am sort of new to the PnP aspect of these games. I find the weapons and history very interesting.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 12:45 PM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
Here's one that I put together for the incomparable Rikard, aka Jay C Mendez.

It pays to be nice to me!

Jaize, Long Sword +4

This was the weapon of the necromancer famed adventurer Jay C Mendez, Secret Agent of the Order of the Holy Flame. Legend states that Jay C (as he liked to be called) was adventuring in the Snowflake Mountains east of Tethyr when he came upon a Temple of Mystra being despoiled by a lich.

The lich was none other than Jay C's ancient enemy the Hell Lich Wah. The battle was titanic but at the end of it Jay C stood (or swayed, rather) victorious on the field of battle, having destroyed Wah's physical form with his dagger as he had run out of spells. The lich's phylactery was never found, so it is entirely possible that Wah still walks the world, swearing vengeance on Jay C.

Pleased with Jay C's efforts, Mystra granted the necromancer a priceless gift. Noting that he had used his dagger to slay Wah, she enchanted the blade, so it lengthened to that of a long sword and glowed with blue fire, while retaining the weight and speed of a dagger. To this day it is the only sword that mages can use and carries potent magic with it.

STATISTICS:

Equipped Abilities: Protection from Level Drain
Special Abilities: Each hit heals the wielder of 4 hit-point damage
THACO: +4 bonus
Damage: 1D8 +2
Damage type: slashing
Weight: 3
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Dagger
Type: 1-handed
Requires: 6 Strength
Usable by:
Mage (single, dual and multi)

nice! a very balanced weapon + a good background!

Old 03-08-2001, 12:45 PM   #4
Raistlin
Manshoon

I like the way Wah was defeated yet not necessarily destroyed, nice touch.

------------------

Balance
Old 03-08-2001, 02:06 PM   #5
Rikard

How fun everybody is praising memny for a weapon i made up and he really made

But what i was wanting to ask
How about Ramanish?
or our ClanRune?

------------------
The Legend Rikard T'Aranaxz
Master Necromancer
Clanmaster and Mental Father of the OHF

Old 03-08-2001, 02:07 PM   #6
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Gray Mage:
Memnoch, are these weapons you create yourself, or ones that come from AD&D manuals. How do you come up with the history and attributes?

I hope that this is not a stupid question, as I am sort of new to the PnP aspect of these games. I find the weapons and history very interesting.

Then Rikard I post this question to you......

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-08-2001, 02:10 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Then Rikard I post this question to you......

it sorta reminds me the Celeberty death match between Raistlin and Elminster. lol

Old 03-08-2001, 05:19 PM   #8
Lord Shield

It leaves it open for the Hell Lich to hunt down the new owner - yum!

Old 03-08-2001, 08:57 PM   #9
Hesperex

good stuff there Memnoch , do you put any of your items up for download?

------------------

Old 03-08-2001, 11:09 PM   #10
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:

I create them myself. I created the background too. Rikard and Wah are friends of mine who post here as well so seeing as I was making this for Rikard (who goes by the pseudonym Jay C Mendez on MSN) I thought I would incorporate a SPAM duel he had with Wah.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame