Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2001, 10:51 PM   #1
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

Maybe the title of this thread is a little misleading, but I thought a follow up to Memnoch's thread might be helpful.

<< The following involves cheats, and maybe some spoilers >>

Memenoch explained that you can get almost any character to join your party by placing the cursor over the creature and pressing Ctrl-Q. The example he uses is to use the following command to create the character Artemis Entreri.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Artemis")

A very interesting concept.

I was intrigued by this and did some experimenting. First, you can find the character codes by using Infinity Explorer or Shadowkeeper. Second, you can create almost any character by substituting the character code for "Artemis" in the above commnad line. Finally, you can have the character join your party using the Ctrl-Q cheat.

Scenario 1: I want to play Xan. Granted, his sword is not in the game, but I liked him anyway. First, I found his code ("TTXan"). Second, I paused the game, otherwise he disappears. I don't know why, but he did. Finally, I Ctrl-Q with the cursor on him and poof -- he's in my party. I did need to go back and edit his inventory by replacing the hidden ring that makes him never go below 1 hit point with cheap gold ring, but from then on he's been a normal NPC.

Scenario 2: I want to play an Anti-Paladin. This was a little more involved. First, the code for the Githyanki Anti-Paladin is ("Gith03"). Second, I created him, again with the game paused, or he turns invisible and attacks you. Finally, I Ctrl-Q. I got the Githyanki in my party, Unholy Reaver and all. I then went into Shadowkeeper and gave him Ajantis's portrait (just for laughs) and changed the paperdoll from Githyanki to human male fighter. The Anti-Paladin must have some weapon proficiencies built into the class. When I leveld up, it showed no proficiencies, but when I checked the character information screen there were ***** in longsword and two-handed sword. I didn't play the character very long, so I don't know if the game crashes eventually. I tried a few of the abilitites (lay on hands works fine) and the Unholy Reaver is awesome.

Other Character codes I found interesting were:

Biff the Understudy ("Biff") -- just in case you wanted to know
Branwen ("Branwe") -- I believe is also equipped with the invisible magic ring that prevents her from going below 1 hit point

Anyway, enjoy. I'm actually looking forward to playing Branwen and Xan. I was pretty disappointed they weren't carried into BG2 and were left to the tutorial. I also have the evil temptation to play the Anti-Paladin -- just to see what happens.

------------------
"The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive." Job: A Comedy of Justice
Old 03-06-2001, 12:46 AM   #2
LadyRae
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmmm....Curiouser and curiouser...

------------------
Old 03-06-2001, 02:13 AM   #3
sylent
Emerald Dragon

That all sounds pretty damn cool...
In the character display screen, does it actaully say, Human Anti-Paladin though?
I have always wanted an Assassin/Ranger, kinda my dream character. I am pretty sure this can't actually be done, but I tried relentlessly for a few days, just to make sure of it...
I like this experimental stuff!

------------------

"Watch your back" - Sylent
Old 03-06-2001, 02:16 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Father Bronze:
Maybe the title of this thread is a little misleading, but I thought a follow up to Memnoch's thread might be helpful.

<< The following involves cheats, and maybe some spoilers >>

Memenoch explained that you can get almost any character to join your party by placing the cursor over the creature and pressing Ctrl-Q. The example he uses is to use the following command to create the character Artemis Entreri.

CLUAConsole:CreateCreature("Artemis")

A very interesting concept.

I was intrigued by this and did some experimenting. First, you can find the character codes by using Infinity Explorer or Shadowkeeper. Second, you can create almost any character by substituting the character code for "Artemis" in the above commnad line. Finally, you can have the character join your party using the Ctrl-Q cheat.

Scenario 1: I want to play Xan. Granted, his sword is not in the game, but I liked him anyway. First, I found his code ("TTXan"). Second, I paused the game, otherwise he disappears. I don't know why, but he did. Finally, I Ctrl-Q with the cursor on him and poof -- he's in my party. I did need to go back and edit his inventory by replacing the hidden ring that makes him never go below 1 hit point with cheap gold ring, but from then on he's been a normal NPC.

Scenario 2: I want to play an Anti-Paladin. This was a little more involved. First, the code for the Githyanki Anti-Paladin is ("Gith03"). Second, I created him, again with the game paused, or he turns invisible and attacks you. Finally, I Ctrl-Q. I got the Githyanki in my party, Unholy Reaver and all. I then went into Shadowkeeper and gave him Ajantis's portrait (just for laughs) and changed the paperdoll from Githyanki to human male fighter. The Anti-Paladin must have some weapon proficiencies built into the class. When I leveld up, it showed no proficiencies, but when I checked the character information screen there were ***** in longsword and two-handed sword. I didn't play the character very long, so I don't know if the game crashes eventually. I tried a few of the abilitites (lay on hands works fine) and the Unholy Reaver is awesome.

Other Character codes I found interesting were:

Biff the Understudy ("Biff") -- just in case you wanted to know
Branwen ("Branwe") -- I believe is also equipped with the invisible magic ring that prevents her from going below 1 hit point

Anyway, enjoy. I'm actually looking forward to playing Branwen and Xan. I was pretty disappointed they weren't carried into BG2 and were left to the tutorial. I also have the evil temptation to play the Anti-Paladin -- just to see what happens.

That's some good info there, Fr Bronze!

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-06-2001, 02:50 AM   #5
JJ/newbie

totally cool, father bronze the more i learn about the possibilites of this game, i wonder if I'll ever get around to even getting another one. btw, FB, hope this doesn't ruffle anyone, but go to the general discussion board and look at page three of vicotnik's joke thread, the parent's bill of rights. I know in your job, you will appreciate it if you have not already gotten it like 20 times.

------------------
When given a choice, take both.

Old 03-06-2001, 09:36 AM   #6
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

The character display screen does indeed say Anti-Paladin. However, I would suggest against changing the race from Githyanki to Human. There may be restrictions on the kit requiring that Anti-Paladins must be Githyanki, just as Gnomes can't be Rangers.

You can take your chances, but I thought it better to just make my Githyanki look more "human" (even though he ended up with green skin (I can't explain that one).

Also, he doesn't have the spell casting ability of the Paladin, but I suppose the Unholy Reaver (+5 two-handed sword) and over 14 weapon proficiencies makes up for that.

[This message has been edited by Father Bronze (edited 03-06-2001).]
Old 03-07-2001, 06:14 AM   #7
Dimension X
Dungeon Master

Cool..

I have to try that one of these days...

I assume that the max amount of party members that you can have at the point of "recruiting" them must be less than 6.

------------------
A Drawn Sword;
A Trickle Of Blood;
The Tempest Is Brewing.
Nemesis....
Old 03-07-2001, 09:54 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Dimension X:
Cool..

I have to try that one of these days...

I assume that the max amount of party members that you can have at the point of "recruiting" them must be less than 6.

No, you can have 6 there - the game will ask you to kick someone out to make room.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 03-07-2001, 12:41 PM   #9
deverece
Dungeon Master

Has anyone tried this with Kangaxx? What do you get?

------------------
Dying ain't much of a living, boy.
- Josey Wales
Old 03-07-2001, 01:17 PM   #10
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by deverece:
Has anyone tried this with Kangaxx? What do you get?

i tried him, he is a lvl 27 mage or something like that, but he has no spells
in his spell book, he can memorize TONS of spells, yes, more than Edwin, like twice as many

he has 8 imprison spells, which is what a demilich should have (according to AD&D 2e) and he also has lich hawl, similar to wail of banshee.