Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2001, 06:30 AM   #11
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Bard o'mine, I could do another 10 pages, but I already passed the 1000 mark here or so,I'm told and we wouldn't want to break any more records, now would we?

Oh and "Guiding Hand" and "Hope for a dying man" moved up into my top ten slot.

And Yorick, this is so interesting: I mentioned my cats not liking new music/sounds? Well Inga usually bolts from the room at the least noise she doesn't recognize (took me playing Lorena McKennitt literally non stop for two days one weekend before the sweet skittish baby would stay in the computer room with me). But, are you ready for this? My little Inga was in the window when "Ariel" started playing and she sat there for the whole thing and walked out the way she normally would-no bolting! Then, and this is the really incredible part: she waltzed back into the room, hopped up onto the file cabinet next to my computer and asked for her usual combing, after which she got to the floor and lazily stretched and checked out her toys!!!!! Yorick, that was soooo UNLIKE her that I was dumbstruck. She has NEVER done that! She runs from the sound of webbased greeting card music on the computer, for crying out loud! I noticed her littermate, Merlie, sprawled on the carpet behind me, too, happy as can be. You charmed my whole household, Bard. I'm speechless...well, I was yesterday! LOL!

HappyCloudy
Old 02-22-2001, 06:44 AM   #12
Moiraine
Anubis

See, Clouddy, why I have my son learning piano ? (AND English !) So that a LOT of sweet women would some day address him compliments like that !
You will have to wait a bit though, like 10 years, he is only 9 ...
Old 02-22-2001, 07:12 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

That's pretty funny Cloudy, must be the Druid (read Greeny/hippy/animal lover) aspect of the Bard coming through (LOL)
I had a cat, a little three legged one - she lost her hind leg when she got lost during a storm one night. We searched for two days and found her caught in a fence. Dispite only having the one hind leg she coped really well and even caught birds/climbed trees etc as well as before. Anyway I used to play BG1 with her on my lap for hours.

Damn I miss my little cat. Whenever I visit she meows around looking for me after I've gone.... (careful Hugh don't lose it...)

I'm so glad you like the CD Cloudbringer. It means alot to me.

Moiraine, if your son has ten years of playing behind him when he's 19 he'll be cooking!

Epona, I had a simlar experience with my younger brother with whom I wrote many songs and played in a band with. We ended up having a very big falling out. Very very painful. But time healed the wounds, and we still loved each other and thus restored the friendship - to a point even better than before in many ways because we were more careful not to let the same thing happen again.

When you create together it creates a mutual bond as well, one that is difficult to break but which makes a falling out all the worse. I understand your situ. I'm glad you're finding music enjoyable again

Cloudy to answer to some of the q's will take much time! But that's cool. Drop me an email if you like
Chanteur(a)bigpond.com - then hopefully I'll respond quicker than I did to Ertai's (sorry Ertai once again)
Glad to hear about your cats, that's pretty cool
Old 02-22-2001, 07:20 AM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick,

Will do (email). Thanks. How'd I guess you were an animal lover? And a cat man! Nifty! You get to Moiraine's this Friday? I'll be looking for posts from both of you on the weekend, then!

Moiraine: Awww, I'm glad your son is playing piano. Get him to learn Mussorgsky's Pictures at and Exhibition and I'll hop a plain to hear his recital!

Gotta run off to work now. See you later
Old 02-22-2001, 07:24 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

Both my cats are pretty used to Yorick's songs by now ... I wonder if they will recognize him ???
Old 02-22-2001, 08:43 AM   #16
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Moiraine: I bet they will, as soon as he opens his mouth and that golden voice issues forth!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-22-2001, 05:25 PM   #17
Epona
Zartan

Moiraine:
Thank you so much for your offer, you are very good to someone you do not know well - I will e-mail you shortly (I am having problems with my e-mail at the moment) but you may not have known that I live in England - I'm sure we can sort something out though!

Cloudy & Yorick:
I have met some wonderful people on the board, thank you for your kind comments. It is not something I feel bad about now, but I still hope that one day there will be a better resolution of the situation as in your case, Yorick. Thank you.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:32 PM   #18
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Cloudbringer - you are wonderful advertising for Yorick's music! Now I want to hear it too!!

Yorick: is there a way for us to legitimately buy your cds? I would like to buy some, and that could help to fund your walkabout. Are they for sale anywhere? I would hate to have our kind & generous Moiraine use up her internet time just sending out copies of your music, which I suspect is where we're all headed if this thread is any indication! LOL

Just wondering ... my interest is now officially 'piqued'.
Old 02-22-2001, 06:45 PM   #19
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

bilqis: Goody! He should share that glorious gift! And yes, if we can BUY the music, Yorick, please tell us how? I am addicted...sigh...

btw, Inga is wandering around my feet as I listen to your music...she likes it...it's so amazing!

Cloudbringer
Old 02-23-2001, 05:20 AM   #20
Moiraine
Anubis

Bilqis,
Again, no problem sending you a couple of CDs ! I am to send one to Draconia, Epona and Turbovee already next Saturday. Give me your postal address.
If you really want to thank me, you know what you could do ? Send me a nice postcard from the States for my birthday (28th May) ! I would LOVE that !