Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2001, 09:05 PM   #1
Tobbin_OHF

Ok, first things first, if you haven't read the original thread, here is the link.
Chain Story Anyone?

Old 02-20-2001, 11:42 PM   #2
Tobbin_OHF

Falon walked out into darkness. He could see stars all around. When he tried to walk forward, he realized there was no gravity here. “Hello. Is anyone here?” Falon was so disoriented that he didn’t know if he was up, down, or even sideways. He heard a familiar voice echoing in his mind. Pfil was back.

Pfil said, “Falon, it’s taken me awhile to regain my strength, but I really need to tell you something. We are very close to being able to get back home, but once you pass that portal, I won’t be able to leave your body. We need to go back to where we met so that I can free myself from this body. “

“You see, there are things going on that I haven’t told you. I’m really a princess. My name is Adria. A dark army besieged my land. I am really half terran. I think you know what I am saying here as I ‘feel’ your thoughts of your home. You are from Earth right? My mom was from Earth too. When she got here, she met up with an angel who fell in love with her. He fell so much in love for her, that he renounced his status. It wasn’t much later that I was born of their passion. That’s how I’ve gained my ability with magic. “

“Well, this caused a great rift between the demon Orcus and the Arch-Angel Gabriel. Both sides wanted to claim the angel, and they sent minions to subdue him. Orcus sent several lieutenants who, over the years, became known as the overseers. They sent many Lemures to overwhelm our lands. It was through the angel’s efforts that we survived for so long. “

“One day, in a great battle, I was hurt. I didn’t mention this before either, but I had, sorry, have a sister. Her name is Julia. Back then, she was known as Sara though. Well, Sara was out looking for a poultice to help cure me, but was found by the overseers. They used that box that you carry. What is it you called it again? Oh yes, a homing device. It’s much more than that. MUCH MORE!! They called forth the Omega Wave and sent this after her.”

“During the ordeal, there was a knight who came to her call. His name was Tobbin. Yes, the Tobbin that you met earlier. You see, Tobbin was trying to save his woodlands from a dark evil. The overseers were that evil. Tobbin paid a great price to find the overseers. He gave of his life force so that a great priest of Helm would gate him to where the land’s enemy was. Even weakened though, he saw Julia’s plight and went to her aid. “

“He had the artifact THE BOW OF TALISIA and began shooting forth arrows of disintegration at the great hoard gathering up upon Julia. The overseer’s were startled at this and they dropped the box when one of the arrows came for them. One of the demons was hit by a stray arrow, and was obliterated. The remaining demons cast forth a magic of their own and cast forth Hell Fire. The magic burrowed deep into Tobbin’s soul. “

“With his last ounce of strength, he picked up the box and hit a button at random. That would be the green one. When he dropped the box, it cast a spell around the demons that removed them from the battlefield. Julia had not been hurt too bad by these events, and she went to the aid of this most noble woodsman. Once she looked into his eyes, she knew immediately she loved him. “

“She used some of the poultice she had gathered for me on him and kept him alive until she was able to get back to our homelands. The angel met up with her and saw Tobbin’s plight. He cast some spells of healing that eventually won out against the demon’s taint. As he came to, his first sight was that of Julia. Tobbin remarked to her that he was her servant in life as well as in death. Julia told him of her feelings as well, and they realized they were meant for each other. “

“We fought many a battle together, but always they were at each other’s side. It wasn’t until the unholy Magevor brought his greater Tanar’ri into the battle that they were split up. Tobbin broke off from the main force to go and fight him, while the rest of us stayed behind to fight the hellspawn. During the battle, Julia was killed. I was the first to her side. I pleaded for the healing powers of the angel, as I knew she was beyond my power. The angel came up with the idea to bind our souls. I didn’t really understand what he meant at the time, but seeing it as a way to keep her alive, I agreed. “

“He cast his spell upon me and my spirit form left my body. I went to her body and entered it. I can’t say I’ve ever felt anything as cold as I did when I entered her. I saw her lying there so still. I began to cry without any tears and knelt by her soul. I gently picked her up and began to leave her body. Within a few moments, I was back in my body, realizing the tears I had imagined were now free flowing down my face. The angel told me that Tobbin would be her salvation. He gave me a pearl and told me to place a drop of blood upon it and that I had to give it to Tobbin as his love alone was the only thing that could save her. I called out to Tobbin, but he was nowhere to be found. The angel knew that he had to go back out to the battlefield, so he taught me the magic that could recreate her. Then he was gone. I never have seen him again.”

“By the end of the day, Tobbin found us. I gave him the pearl and told him that he had to make a necklace. “This can not be performed by magic,” the angel had said. “They must be gathered in the dead of night and must be burrowed through with a nail made of silver. The cord that binds them together must be made of platinum. Once this has been accomplished, you must work the magic on the 1st pearl, the one with the blood. Once begun, the spell must be completed or it will be lost”. After I had repeated the angels words, Tobbin left immediately, his love for Julia rushing him along. I didn’t see him again until you bumped into him.”

“Well, after that, I left my homelands and found a door that led me to where you found me. I tried using other magic to free Julia, but nothing worked. That was me that you saw in the water that day, but it was also Julia. I couldn’t free her soul, but the magic I used changed my form to look like her. Ok, I’ve been telling you this whole history thing so that you can know who our enemy is. I’ve also mentioned to you why I believe that they are hunting us. I want to be honest with you, because I really need to go back to my cabin so that I can break free. I promise to you that I will stand by you and add my strength to your own. I leave the decision in your hands.”

Falon was dumb-founded. He didn’t know what to believe. At long last, he agreed.

Pfil began casting a spell, “Raise et um, Argon et orum.” Shortly after this, their body stopped spinning and Falon felt himself getting oriented. Pfil then cast another spell, “There are many doors throughout the land, reveal my path with this wave of my hand. Tae retum Or Partenum, Los Ecos Jut Melorum. Pathon Mageltos, Jae Packetet.” A blue circlet of magic appeared in front of them and slowly expanded to their height. As it grew, they could see Pfil’s cabin beyond.

There was a menacing figure lurking about. Falon recognized him. It was Dangal. He was looking at something. It was the statue that Falon had seen before. He saw a sight so frightening on Dangal that he was sure the statue was about to attack. Feeling his apprehension, Pfil told Falon not to worry.

She told him that the statue was really her first attempt at freeing Julia. She had taken a drop of blood from Falon when he was running through the forest from the Rhina and had cast a spell on it. A slightly different spell from the one the angel had taught her. She was hoping to create a body for her and then transfer Julia’s spirit into it. She figured that since she had changed form into Julia when the spell was cast, that the clone of Falon would do the same.

Unfortunately, that was EXACTLY what the spell had done. It had created a clone of Falon. She explained that a clone has all the memories, abilities, and features of the original. She also explained that was why Falon was so weak at the cabin too, because the magic had drained him. Pfil told him that a clone only has a limited amount of time to assert itself. She said that as long as the clone is not aware of the original creature’s existance, that it will go off and try to find it’s own path.

Unfortunately, shortly after creating it, the creature had seen Falon and thinking he was the forgery, confronted him. She said that this creature had tried to attack Falon, but that she cast a spell of stasis on it to prevent him from harming Falon. Seeing as she had not cast a true Clone spell; however, the clone shortly after turned back to that which was closest to it when the spell ran out. The clone was standing on a rock.

Falon was totally freaked out by this, but he had endured much. He asked Pfil, “Why are you telling me all of this.”

Pfil replied, “Falon, I NEED you to TRUST me. I don’t think you would trust me unless I was completely honest with you. We need to find Julia. She will be in trouble. Especially if the overseers find out that she is back. They knew she was dead. You remember the boy that demanded the box from you? That was one of them. The demons can assume any form. He had said, “You are no longer important. Julia is dead already.” I need to add one thing more here.”

“You remember that I told you that we had different names before, right? Well, there is a reason for that. The angel cast a spell on us that allowed our true names to be altered. It helped to hide us from the demons, but they have since learned the names. A person’s true name is power. If you know a demon’s name and you are in your own land, you have power over them. The reverse is true too. If a demon knows your true name in their own homeland, they have a power over you. Be careful with it. I’ve noticed that you’ve been telling everyone we meet what your name is. I would suggest you come up with an alias.”

Falon wasn’t so sure that this was the best path to follow, but he felt that it was better than leaving here and always having another person swimming in his thoughts. With a feeling of apprehension, he took one last look around and jumped . . .

Old 02-21-2001, 10:56 AM   #3
Tobbin_OHF

bump

Old 02-21-2001, 11:40 AM   #4
Stealth Bomber

Excellent Tobbin, I like the way you tied the loose threads together.

Old 02-21-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Tobbin_OHF

Hear ye, hear ye. Writers needed. Please add to the story already in progress. I'm sure that you all don't want me to finish the story. I'm too orderly to get all the great chaotic stuff you guys add to the story. Hear Ye, Hear ye.

P.S. Thank you Stealth, I've actually had all that worked out since the
beginning though. I did make a few changes to incorporate the plot
twists that were added in though. Some of the stuff was GOLD, Jerry,
GOLD. LOL. Sorry, was watching Seinfeld again.

Old 02-21-2001, 06:32 PM   #6
Tobbin_OHF

As Falon regained his senses after the gut-wrenching travel through the portal, he asked Pfil, “OK, we’re here. Now what do we do?”

Pfil replied, “Now, we need to find a lock of my hair or anything else that could be used to create a clone. Once the spell begins, you will need to fight it in order to kill it. Then I can cast a blood bridge spell in order to transfer my essence to it. Once that happens, I will be weak and will need to be protected. Do not allow anything to harm me. Once I gain enough strength back, I will be able to cast a spell of healing. If things go well, I should have enough time to cast the reversal spell needed to stop the clone from becoming something else. Then we can look for Julia.”

Falon, “And why again is it that we need to find her?”

Phil, “I thought I told you already, she is the key to defeating the overseers. They knew that. It’s why they ordered the Lemures to attack. Look, the wolf told you that we were getting ready to meet up with a Paladin, right? I know who he is. Sir Trent is the Arch-Angel Gabriel’s right hand man. He doesn’t want the fight anymore than we do. He will be more likely to help us if we have Julia with us. You see, both Julia and I have the blood of the angel coursing through our bodies. Right now, you do too, because I am a part of you. The overseers want to capture us both in order to create a spell that can enslave the angel. I haven’t heard back from him in so long, that I almost had given him up for dead. Since the overseers are still trying to find me, that must mean that the angel still lives. They already have Julia’s body. I don’t think they realize that her blood doesn’t contain her essence though. We have to protect both her and ourselves and somehow find the Paladin.”

Falon, “And what makes you think I believe any of this anyways?”

Phil, “You would condemn both us and the angel? I thought I knew you better. I already apologized for treating you as bad as I did and for acting the way I did. I just didn’t know whom I could trust. I’m so sorry. Look, I’ll beg if it will help. I can use my magic to help you. Please Falon.”

Falon looking apologetically said, “I’m sorry, it’s just that I’ve been through so much too. Just a few days ago, I was living in a world where my main concern was keeping a roof over my head and food in my stomach. Now you are telling me that if I don’t help you, an angel will be killed or worse? It’s just a bit to take is all.”

Off in the distance, Dangal sees Falon and calls out, “What witchery is this?” You were a statue just a moment ago.

Falon walks over to Dangal and tells him the statue is nothing more than a carving of stone.

Dangal states, “That be impossible boy. T’were that true, then why does the statue breathe? Why is it warm even at coldest hour? How is it that the eyes blink, even if it is an hour at the time?”

Falon replies, “The statue was created by magic. I guess that’s why it acts as it does. The magister who created it was also a prankster.”

Dangal, “And why did you run from the Rhina? Why did you not defend the honor of me daughter?”

Falon, “It’s a long story. You remember that I told you that a magister created the statue, correct, well, she also cast a spell on me to love your daughter. I’m sorry, but it was a prank I was forced to follow along with. She’s dead now, so the joke is on her. Please tell your daughter that I never meant to hurt her. I think it would be best if your daughter never saw me again. If she fell in love with me, then it would only hurt more to know that it was all just a cruel, twisted, sadistic joke of an evil creature whose only existence is the pain of others.”

Dangal replies, “Well, I guess I can understand that.” He looks deep into Falon’s eyes and sees true regret there. “I tell you what boy, I be telling Poxia that you met up with a sorceroress who claimed to be after her, and that during the battle, she turned you into the statue. I think that will work for the best. Tisn’t a lie totally anyways,” satisfied, Dangal shrugs and starts to walk off, “I wish you the best of luck boy.”

Pfil, “That was rather noble of you, but did you really have to make me out to be such a monster?”

Falon, “It was the only explanation that I could come up with that would keep the hurting to a minimum. I really don’t mean all those things that I said about you. You seemed kind of like that when we first met, but now, it seems that the real you is worth knowing.” Falon cracks a smile and begins to blush a little.

Pfil breaks his train of thought when she says; “There’s something we can use over there. I forgot that I brushed up on the statue as I was going outside to meet up with you. Hmmm. Looks like a small piece of flesh, but it will have to do. Are you ready Falon?”

Falon, “Do I have a choice?”

Pfil, “Of course you have a choice. I won’t do this unless you want to as well.”

Falon, “OK, do it then.”

Pfil begins casting her ‘clone’ spell. She cast forth light across the statue, aiming at the piece of skin. As the magic entered the skin, it began to bubble and twist until it stretched. It took a little over a half an hour, but standing before Pfil was an exact duplicate of the woman who merged with Falon. At the completion of the spell, Pfil lost consciousness.

Falon pulled out his hammer in preparation for the battle he knew was coming up.

The beautiful blonde woman with blue eyes stood in front of Falon in complete terror. As the skin was a part of Pfil before she had grown to know Falon, she automatically took him as an overseer. “No, you won’t get me. I will kill you first.” With tears forming in her eyes, this likeness of Pfil began casting a spell.

Falon attacked. He caught Pfil in the midsection and disrupted her spell. Before she had a chance to cast another spell, he arced around for another swing. This time, he caught her across her left shoulder. Her blood began spurting forth. All he could see was Pfil in pain, and it brought him pain as well, “I’m sorry. Please forgive me.” With that, he arced around again and caught her in her kneecaps, bringing her down as a tumble of bricks.

Pfil’s clone was getting scared. This one man had hurt her far worse than the overseers had ever done before. She reached out to Falon and cast forth the one spell she knew would work on him, HELLFIRE.

Falon never knew what hit him. He felt pain all throughout his body even though there was nothing that appeared to be causing it physically. He stumbled and fell to his knees. Even as the hellfire coursed through his body, he raised his hammer once more. With his last ounce of strength, he flung it at Pfil and fell to the ground.

Pfil’s body could not stand the many beatings this hammer had caused her, and she fell to the ground dead. With a couple of twitches, it was over. She lie still.

After a couple of moments of being free from the hellfire spell, Falon recovered. Faintly, he could feel that the real Pfil was gaining strength as well. Off in the distance he heard a wolf howling. Somehow, he knew this wolf. He also knew that was where they needed to go next. He waited until Pfil was ready, and allowed her to take control of his body once more.

Pfil quickly began to prepare the corpse. She bound up as much of the wounds as she could and then cast her blood bridge spell. “With blood spilled, I enter to add my strength. Nor abutum Tae Ral ET Sesha. Oy Esta De Ecosta. Tu son mia horenda.” With the completion of the spell, Pfil’s spirit left Falon’s body. He doubled over in pain. Pfil felt the expected cold wave before the pain hit her. She almost clawed her way back out because the pain was so unbearable, but she forced herself in. She quickly cast the reversal spell and then she was unconscious again.

Falon stood watch over Pfil. As time went on, he would dress the bandages and make sure the wounds stayed clean. Sometime around nightfall, Pfil opened her eyes once more. At first, she was totally incoherent. It took awhile, but Falon understood that she was asking for water. He went into the cabin and found the bladder that he had lost and filled it up once more. Gently, he helped Pfil to drink the water. He stood watch over her throughout the night.

Pfil announced at daybreak that she was ready. She quickly cast healing on herself and she thanked Falon for being ever so vigilant and helpful. She told him that he was free of her and if he wanted to go his own way, she would understand. She did ask that he continue with her though.

Falon was watching Pfil’s eyes the whole time she was talking to him. Her blue eyes seemed so full of warmth and love, that he once more knew that he could not refuse her. Falon said, “OK, but I think I know where we should begin.” As if to emphasize his point, the wolf he heard the day before began howling once more. With that, he began to head towards it.

Pfil seemed taken aback a little, but as she was not really sure where to begin, she trusted that Falon’s luck would take them where they needed to go.

Old 02-23-2001, 03:23 AM   #7
Tobbin_OHF

bump

Old 02-23-2001, 03:46 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Have to bump, can´t write, hey I need a fury sexy secretary, thats what I need, warm smile and nice looks hehe, reply to 555-help-wolfgir-cause-he´s in-alotta-pain hehehe...
Old 02-23-2001, 04:43 AM   #9
Tobbin_OHF

Sorry to hear you are in pain, Wolfgir. I lead up the storyline to where you could jump in, but I'll see if I can divert it somewhere in the meantime. Heal quickly my friend.

Old 02-23-2001, 05:02 AM   #10
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I´ll do my worst as always, say you don´t know any nice secretary do you?
Could use some to help me type LOL...