Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2004, 10:43 AM   #1
Mr Creosote
The Magister

All mine are the same - the Savant ending.

Just thought it would be fun to try starting the game at the alternate locations through differing Wiz 7 end game imports.

Can you help?
Mr Creosote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 03:23 PM   #2
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Mr C

Here's a post from the VN boards which has a link to a savegame site, among other things. Here's a chance to use the Elven Bow if you haven't beforehand.

http://vnboards.ign.com/Official_Wiz...40/63777011/?3

[ 02-16-2004, 03:24 PM: Message edited by: Krull ]
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2004, 11:53 PM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

heh, thanks for those, i had some before but they died along with my old laptop. Unfortunate selection of characters and items, though. I changed 2 of them and recycled the faerie.
I like starting at the Umps; make the Ranger a Rogue or Bard (she has the highest PP and L&T) and you can PP enough stuff right here to outfit everybody quite nicely.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:23 PM   #4
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

HaaaHaaa, this is kinda fun. I haven't played with 6 chars in, well, 3 dozen finishes...it's really slow developing--i've been playing mostly 1's and 2's lately, so i'm constantly waiting forever for the next level. But that's ok, we're slaughtering everything in sight so far.
I left the Fighter a figher, and the Sam a Sam, but i changed the Elf Ranger to Bard--mostly because she had the 20's in L&T and PP. She's just using the Elven Bow (my first W-8 game was imported and had one--NICE shooter.)
The Faerie i might have kept if it were a Ninja, but as was i recycled to Gad.
Priest is still priest, but the Mage is an Alc. (JA, waste of a Mage level, but no Ranger or Ninja...)
The Umpani start is very nice. I couldn't get W-7 to run any more after i lost my import saves, which were all "Save Vi" endings. At the Umps' camp, you can PP all you need to go almost anywhere you want right away. I decided on the Humpawhammer, cleaned out the Monastery and i'm in Arnika now. I'm gonna try a couple other odd sixes, some of them will take Kunar's rug instead of the HW.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 03:29 PM   #5
Krull
Zhentarim Guard

Scatter

Yes, I also thought the parties were slightly off so did as you and changed professions while trying to retain the 20+ skills they start with. I never tried the Faerie Monk as I thought a starting strength of 29 was too much to make up and I understand that for each point below 50 there are penalties to hit and attack (I think)? However, I recently read on a Wiz8 fansite that Faerie Monks rock. As anyone tried one?

I also endorse what you say about pickpocketing at the UBC. Amongst other goodies, and as you may know, I can usually count on getting a Sword of Hearts from the private at the gate and I think you can get another one from the bartender? I think you can also get a Zweihander from someone at the UBC which is a nice 2-Hander sword until you get something better.

For those who want more savegames Oldmurph on the VN Boards has set up a website for people to contribute savegames. However, when I tried to register (as you have to) it seemed to want me to open a Yahoo account first. Perhaps I was unlucky the time I tried.
Krull is offline   Reply With Quote