Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2002, 02:48 PM   #1
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

Err...I have a little problem with the final battle.... any help would be appreciated.

How the hell do I hurt those two twins? the holy avenger seems to be itching them only. I don't see any spell penetration stuff around. How do you guys dispell their protective armour / spells etc?

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2002, 05:13 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I killed them with the great sword of soullessness (+5) and Pudu's Blight, I dunno if my monk was doing any damage. They seemed to go down pretty easily.

So I'm thinking - did you taint the radiant pool? That supposedly is where they get their power from. If you haven't done that then I think they'd be much harder to hit.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:45 PM   #3
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

I had some trouble too. Just finished. First kill the mage behind Isear and Madae. then kill the mage in the lower right hand corner. Lighting spells and weapons work well aginst isar and madea. however you will be Stunned no matter what. Try to move your spell casters to the roomon the right so they dont get stunned. then summon monsters to help fight. Also prior to summoning monsters use the spells banishment and dismissal on the enemies sommoned monsters.
hope this helps. Kygon-jo.
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 10:40 AM   #4
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

Well guys, finally kicked the twin's butt. The ending was however something like an anticlimax.... a sequel?
Of the two, I did hurt Isar pretty bad compared to Madea. The avenger + bith my + 5 bastard & +5 long sword (fighter dual weapon) broght him down pretty fast. I was approaching the battle too defensively initially.
I don't recall getting / seeing and of the dispelling spells like breach, spell thrust etc. Is it taken out from the 3rd ed rule?

Thanks anyway. Now to HOF....
oh btw just tried HOF for a while and my level 15 cleric got creamed by goblins.... what a day ahead....
Old 10-26-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
Kygon-Jo
Dungeon Master

Twolf you and I are on pace together. I just started HOF mode, however, I am importing my characters amd droppimg there items. Then i am creating my charachers again and using the cheat does to bring there levels and stats to where they were at the end of the game. the reason I am doing this is becsue I did not allocate my feats and skills well at all. I did not fully understand the system when i started the game. I assigned some usless feats and skills. By recreating my party and using the cheat keys I allocated my feats and skills better.

BTH in the final battle you just have to wait out the twins buffing spells. that is why i summoned a lot of monsters. to absorb the damage until there magic wore off
Kygon-Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 02:28 PM   #6
timberwolf
Dungeon Master

Just finished the targos fetch job, now to some serious orc slaying. These Orcs do give good exp ppts - 750 a piece.
I didn't start out new and imported all my char over. I made a lot of mistake in creating my chars and chose some lousy spells for my sorc anyway I just treat it as mistake they made in life [img]smile.gif[/img] Like studying engineering and end up in a marketing job

Well just to share here is my party of six
Fighter - Drow Lvl 16
Paladin - Moonelf lvl 18
cleric - Drow Lvl 13 (started this char in chapter 3 when i realise I need a cleric)
Monk / rogue - Human Monk lvl 9 rogue 1 (Started this char to replace my pure rogue in chapter 4 - wanted to try out the monk char.)
Sorc - Half elf Lvl 17 Have some shitty selection.
Wizard - Assimar Lvl 16 Evocation.

My monk still can't cut it in HOF, have to babysit him a lot. I do hope that it will worth it later on.

Playing HOF is like starting a lvl 1 party in normal. It seems that the game is getting pretty easy in the later stages where U can just charge in and practically hammer everybody (After the mages do their mojo) HOF do offer a different approach.
However I feel that in terms of realistic it is a bit off. Goblins clubbering a lvl 16 fighter? Gimme a break. The game should replace the Gobs with some other creatures like maybe berserker gobs etc. Anyway thats just a small wish list from an otherwise great game.