Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2002, 12:11 AM   #1
Vornae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok guys who can tell me what i am suppose to do in the Battle Room with all those levers.

Vornae
Vornae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 12:23 AM   #2
Kalak
The Magister

It's your lucky day, I just did this part a few hours ago, again.

SPOILER
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
1. Pull both levers in the bottom left that say mode selector. Watch the ice golem, and he'll tell you what mode you've selected. With both pulled you should be in battle mode. Then pull one of the numbered switches...preferably Rank 1 unless you want to spend about 5 hours on it like I did.

2. Pump up your best fighter with spells including haste and protect evil, and undead ward (shadows suck if you fail your saving throws).

3. Hit the mode activator lever which is in the bottom left. Follow the golem's directions.

4. It's basically a tic-tac-toe game. However, to get a square you have to win a battle. AND for each extra square you have then you get one more 'rank' in that rank. Completing the game with three, four, five, six and seven squares (so five different times) nets you a decent magical item. I'm not sure what all you get but at level 4 I got abisashi armor which is +4 Armor, +4 Dex Bonus, -0 Skill Check, -20% arcane spell failure, and -5/+1 damage reduction...which is quite nice...couldn't complete the others though because I got tired of casting every sup-up spell on my guys.

5. Defeat rank level 1 with three squares (the easiest) to get Oria's key, which let's you go stomp the woman...also, if you need further help with the temple, pick the lock of the bottom left door in the room with the prism and go talk to Nicademus...he explains everything for free and no xp penalty ;-P
Old 09-12-2002, 05:59 AM   #3
Vornae
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the help Kalak
Vornae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 04:31 PM   #4
momper
Welcomed New User

Interesting Question, how far has anybody done it ?

Level 3-4 ist pretty challenging, i failed at 5...

Can you visit the BattleRoom later to continue the Challenge if u destroyed the Altar ?
momper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 12:05 PM   #5
Grishnakh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have finished it. Took me a while but you get a small balde +5 early in the game.
Grishnakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 05:06 PM   #6
CojonesDeFuego
Welcomed New User

I have a question about this part of the game, i have beaten oria and talked to nickadamus and opened 2 dooors using the lightning thing, but how do i open the hidden door that says embrace the shadows? Im stuck please help!
CojonesDeFuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2002, 06:13 PM   #7
Ah'rehyl the Hunter
Welcomed New User

Minor Spoiler...

Remember the painting next to the stairs on the main level you could talk to? Talking to it and choosing a different phrase triggers a new "location" to be set when you then take the stairs. I don't remember which phrase(I think it may be "Lysan.") will cause you to be teleported into the Embrace the Shadows room when you take the stairs.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:22 AM   #8
Grishnakh
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah. That is right. After you enter in that room you will see a giant shadow on the north wall. Have your rogue detect traps and you will see that the shadow is in fact a trap. You can't disable it (at least i couldn't). have one of your characters trigger the trap (that means embrace the shadow) and tha door will open and you can now leave that room .
Grishnakh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:57 AM   #9
CojonesDeFuego
Welcomed New User

thanks all that was very helpful
CojonesDeFuego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 12:16 AM   #10
mrk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Do you have to 'advance' in order ? that is, can I do 4, 5,6, 7 squares, then do the 3 square last ( so I can re-do to
maybe get bettter magic item ??

Can I have more than 1 person play it to get more good items ? (I know only 1 person at a time on teh square)

My Barbarian did the 1st rank OK, got a magic belt. Tried to go out of sequence inthe 2nd rank, but got nothing,
even when I did it 3 -4 -5 -6 -7
mrk is offline   Reply With Quote