Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 10:36 PM   #1
Grinch
The Magister

Trying to run NWN again.Presently I am using a Dwarf Fighter,I would like to have a better than +1 great-axe made. What component do I need? I have a diamond,a hunk of adamantite,and some fairy dust.I've torn apart three of the districts and the core city looking for Dragon Blood. I found Ironwood and had smith make me improved +1 dire mace (Big whoop.)What do I need to do to get a real nice Greataxe made? Someone please spoil me!

thanks in advance
Old 06-28-2002, 10:42 PM   #2
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

If you talk to the blacksmith enough he will give you a book that describes everything he can make and what components are needed for all of them.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:52 PM   #3
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

there should be NO problem finding dragon blood, i have THREE of them.

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
when you do the quest to save the dryad, if you look in the desk next to her cell, there is some dragon blood IIRC. i had to start a new game, because i forgot a bunch of stuff before i went to chapter two, so im ALL the way at the accademy again, so im playing as a human fighter wielding a greatsword, with a warhammer and shield for fighting undead. im gonna get the fairy dust, gargoyles skull, holy water, and dragons blood, and try to make an AWESOME weapon!! heh, hopefully. ill try that book thing too.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 04:04 AM   #4
Tomas Darknite
Dungeon Master

I found all the other ingredients except diamonds, I cant find any diamonds, where are all the diamonds, has anybody seen the diamonds.......................................... ....................

"One man with courage makes a majority"
Old 06-29-2002, 07:23 PM   #5
AndyG
Elminster

There's a diamond in the Docks district, I think in that house in the northeast corner of the district. (If you buy the map, it will be marked on your mini-map.)

Just a warning, none of the weapons that smith makes are awesome. They are a slight upgrade to the weapon you give him. For example, the greatsword adds 2 fire damage to the sword. The nice thing about this is you can use that great sword to bash the chests that are normally immune to weapons.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 10:32 PM   #6
Grinch
The Magister

Yup. Thanks for telling me about the book, that (expletive deleted) marrok was always telling me I had nothing that he could do anything with.I got him to give me a book. I had him make me a Stonefire greataxe and a mace of disruption (which is really weak in comparison to the mace of disruption in BG2). Does anyone know if I'd get in trouble if I went back there and killed old marrokk off? Yah diamond is in Silver Salts Trading center in the docks area,bring a can of Raid.
Old 06-29-2002, 10:32 PM   #7
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

andy you be wrong on alot of those items you can upgrade again later in the game but then you havent made it that far i guess.
you can get a diamond if you have a high persuasion(and charisma) if after doing the art theft quest for ophala in moonstone mask she will give you a diamond.

the diamond is great for making a chromatic armor breastplate(which i am currently using) it makes a +1 breastplate armor resistant to fire, ice, and electric by 15/- . i know terrible upgrade for such a common armor, just absolutly crappy.i mean not a single magic missle or and other spell even harms me. trap damage from those 3 are signifigantly reduced. you know your right you shouldnt upgrade anything its not worth the time and effort.

oh and most if not all large weapons can only be upgraded with adamantite(mostly) and on a couple of the larger ones with ironwood.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #8
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

oh and another thing the 2 points of fire damge you get as a bonus is great when it is doubled or even tripled on a critical strike hit. my stonefire i got on a critical hit deals an extra 6 fire damage great against trolls.
Old 06-29-2002, 11:14 PM   #9
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

heres a list of the weapons and such
magic is equal to +1 item
upgradable later *
di=diamond ad=adamantite iw=ironwood fd=fairydust db=dragonblood
shw=special holy water gs=gargoyle skull
armors:
chromatic breastplate:di+breastplate(ac5)(ac+1 cold,fire,elec res10)*
scales of truth:shw+armor(ac4)(ac+1 fort+1 cast spell3day see invi)*
leather whitebone armor:gs+armor(ac2)(ac+2)
axes:
sentinel:ad+battleaxe(enhance+1 light10m skill listen?spot+2)*
double axe of tall kin:as+double axe(enhance+1 light10m)*
stonefire great axe:ad+great axe(enhance+1 firedmg+2)*
ice reaver hand axe:db+hand axe(enhance+1cold+1 coldres10)*
gladiator club:iw+club(enhance+2 75%dazeonhit)*
ironwood mace:iw+dire mace(wght red 60% enhance+1)*
reaver heavy flail:db+heavy flail(1d6cold enhance+1)*
storm light hammer:di+light hammer(elec1d4 enhance+1)*
foundation light flail:iw+light flail(enhance+1 knock)*
mace of disruption:shw+mace(enhance+1 enhance racialvsundead+2)*
drone morning star:fd+morning star(enhance+1 slow)*
rune hammer:ad+war hammer(enhance+1 spellresist10)*
swords:
harbinger kin greatsword:ad+great sword(fire+2 enhance+1)*
sword saint katana:ad+katana(enhance+2 bonus 1d6 damagevs undead)*
astral blade longsword:di+longsword(sonic1d4 enhance+1)*
namarra rapier:db+rapier(enhance+1 daze75%)*
desert wind scimitar:ad+scimitar(1d6fire enhance+1)*
feyduster short sword:fd+short sword(enhance+1 daze75%)
martial weapons:
uthgardt ceremonial twoblad sword:iw+twobladsword(enhance+1 keen)*
ravager halberd:db+halberd(1d6 sonic enhance+1)*
sea reaver scythe:ad+scythe(enhance+1 castspell resist elem x3)*
fey spear:fd+spear(enhance +1 daze 75%)*
golden sickle:shw+sickle(bonusspellslotdruidlv0 enhance+1 skillbonus animal emapthy+2)*
almost all can be upgraded later in the game to plus 3 or 4