Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2002, 03:08 AM   #11
Ratweed
Manshoon

Im currently plays a Elf Sorceror lvl 13 and using sharwyn as my henchman and have a pixie. Its the most fun ive had in a while god is fireball powerfull and ofcourse the trusty magic missle never fails.
Ratweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 09:10 AM   #12
Madriver
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgan_Corbesant:
well, i have no personal "favorite", but right now im playing a Drow Ranger/Thief. i have 2 levels in each, and i am dual-wielding Kama's. i have to say that this is the BEST roleplaying game i have ever played. beautiful game, great story, great character development, its just AWESOME!!!
hehehe, don't forget that this is Biowares module, there will be many others to play soon too, the fun will never end. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm having fun with a monk now, but I am also trying a mage and the spell effects are amazing. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Madriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 09:47 AM   #13
Asny
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ya know. I'm one of them types that try a whole bunch of different character classes early in the game before I sit down and start playing the game through. Combos that I have really liked are bard/ranger and druid/ranger half elves, elves, or humans. The combo I settled on however as the ultra cool role-playin PC is a halfling druid with a level or two of rogue to widen her weapon selection a little bit.

On a different note I've never understood why TSR and now Wizards says a druid, seemingly modeled on northern European druids, can use middle eastern scimitars but not northern European bows. Everyone has heard of the English longbow and shortbows must have seen heavy usage in Brittian before that ... but scimitars? OK, so a scimitar is the closest thing in D&D to a French falchon but still,... come on. Note that the two handed falchon noted in the players handbook is nothing like the 1 handed infantry weapon from France called a falchon.
Asny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 09:56 PM   #14
AndyG
Elminster

I'm playing a human ranger. I started out trying to dual wield, but wasn't doing that well. Then I read in the manual how dual wielding gives big penalties to hit. I switched to a great sword, which I was strong in from recommended skill selections, and have been kicking butt ever since. I use the cleric henchwoman. We can't disarm traps or pick locks, so we just bash everything. For traps, I usually just trigger them. For the big scorcher chests, I haul out my bow and shoot them with magic arrows (from a safe distance).

Currently, I'm level 11 and still in chapter 2. I just picked up a greater swordsmans belt, and nothing does any damage to me anymore. I can fight in the middle of three trolls and be unscathed. The ring with regeneration (Lesser Ring of Power) helps a lot too.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2002, 10:23 PM   #15
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
Then I read in the manual how dual wielding gives big penalties to hit.
Actually, with Ambidexterity, Two-Weapon Fighting, and light off-hand weapons (or a rapier as your off weapon), the penalties are only -2/-2. [img]smile.gif[/img] *shrug* Seems pretty effective to me, actually... and Improved Two-Weapon Fighting is also pleasantly useful... although I'll admit that greatswords are also highly affective. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 08:10 AM   #16
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

i like the barb i have tried the barb 3 times now and i like my current one. lvl 6(almost 7). brute human with 88 hp.first 3 lvls gained was 15 hp's 13 so far after. sure wizards get some nice areaeffect spells to take out some small groups but i have found they are useless against bosses with MR. it always requires a fighter to finish off leaders or bosses in MP.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2002, 09:56 AM   #17
MagiK

Im running an Elven Ranger whos focus is on the bow and light weapons. Ambidex, duel weilding Rapier and shortsword with Weapon Focus so Im using my Dex modifier to hit and not strength...I rarely miss now that I have my dex up to 20 at 4th level Strength is 14. Im running with Mr. Undergallows as my henchman but will switch off as soon as he gives me his first quest. Will use the panther as my animal companion for the surprise attacks [img]smile.gif[/img] (I had to start this character over from the beginning because of a bug in the code dealing with the animal companion)
Old 06-27-2002, 11:30 AM   #18
coil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

human rogue (level 9)...love this game [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2002, 11:18 PM   #19
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

currently playing with human paladin, but as always I might replay a new game over and over again until I am satisfy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:08 PM   #20
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Damn, I've got three characters going right now and I need to pick which one I'll stick with. I've got an elven ranger, a paladin, and a fighter/ranger.

Tough choices...
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
MILAMBER is offline   Reply With Quote