Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-2004, 12:53 PM   #1
Nita Thompson
Welcomed New User

The persistent online world of Layonara is now realized through Neverwinter Nights’ interpretation of the Third Edition Dungeons and Dragons rule set, but this world of mystery and magic began ten years ago in the mind of Leanthar, who has been enjoying role-playing games since 1986 and has fifteen years of GM (Game Master) experience. Since then, Layonara has been through two pen-and-paper generations before finding its home online. Now approaching its second year, Layonara’s most important aspect is the high-quality role-playing advocated by the 23 GM’s and Content Team Members, and enthusiastically practiced by the players who call Layonara their home. The Layonara team ensures that each character has a role that fits into the story of the world, and players soon learn that even the smallest action can change history and shape things from peasants to gods and houses to continents. More than a place to play Neverwinter online, Layonara is a thriving community where players and game masters alike treat each other as family.

In its current iteration, Layonara is a huge world of over 600 game areas spread across two servers that players can travel between seamlessly. Each server represents part of the continent, but new lands and adventures will be added soon. Using the aps/nwnx2 persistence system and HCR modified rules, Layonara features persistent chests for storing , a worldwide bank system, pack oxen, player housing with player placed furniture, bind stones that allow the soul of a character to be tied to a location, quests, journals, and much more. Layonara also features the CNR crafting system which currently includes the following: Smelting, Weapon Crafting, Armor Crafting, Alchemy, Scribing, Tinkering, Wood Crafting, Enchanting, Gem Crafting, Tailoring, Food Crafting and Infusing (which was created by a member of our Content Team).

To preserve the storyline of the world and the familial feeling of Layonara, we do not allow player-killing (PK’ing) or griefing. A Character Submission must be completed and approved before entering the world. Please visit our site at http://www.layonaraonline.com for more information.

If you have any questions email:
Nita at kasha_rosewyne@hotmail.com (Public Relations & Quest GM)
Leanthar at dscott@sierratel.com (World Creator)

[ 03-24-2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Nita Thompson ]
Nita Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2004, 05:00 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Welcome to Ironworksforum, Nita. I'll check out Layonara as soon as I've finished HotU.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:00 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'll sign up soon. I have been looking for a good PW to get back into the original D&D feel. Your server seems well established and just the thing I'm wanting to try out [img]smile.gif[/img] . Welcome to the forums btw!