Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2004, 08:22 PM   #11
Jedimaster
Dungeon Master

Question Mark

Except SpiritWarrior for one thing TUMBLE is not a feat it is a SKILL that can be improved over time by adding points to it everytime that you level up. [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
The tumble feat is dex-based. Stick to armor that weighs at most 1.0 and you'll be fine. Every five points in Tumble increase your AC by 1 (this is not hidden and can be seen in the stats) and wearing heavy armor will nullify this effect. Keep an eye on this whilst equipping armor.
[img]graemlins/mage1.gif[/img]
I am a Trekker I like Simcity 2000, Star Trek,<br /> Star Wars, Science Fiction books, movies and TV shows.<br />My web address is [url]\"http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10\" target=\"_blank\">http://home.comcast.net/~m.nelson10</a> <br />My email address is m.nelson10 at comcast.net
Jedimaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 09:03 PM   #12
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well if you read further you'd see it was a typo since I talked about amassing points in it ("every five points....").

[img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 09:48 PM   #13
AnS
Welcomed New User

Yes, tumble is a skill. And the skill points counts from Dexterity bonuses.

Heavy Armors, such as Full Plate, have a Dexterity Max bonus. And most of them said : "Max Dexterity Bonus : 1". This means whatever Dexterity bonus point u have (+10 or even +20), it will be count as 1 if u use that heavy armor. And that means "any" skill based on Dexterity bonus points will be affected accordingly.

Some medium and Light armors also have maximum dexterity bonuses. So make sure check the armor characteristics first.

My Char is Sorcerer 14/ Red Dragon Des 10 is using robes instead of light, medium or heavy. Cause most of robes will allow u to used your entire dexterity bonuses.
AnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2004, 10:28 PM   #14
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Ans, by the way welcome to IW!, using only robes, do you find yourself close to death's door more than you would like? In other words, what is the best AC you have gotten so far and made it doable for living? Playing a wizard has never interested me, but I do like to hear other people's gaming/roleplaying experiences.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:00 AM   #15
AnS
Welcomed New User

Hi Albromor.. thanks mate [img]smile.gif[/img]

Well I am actually still building this character through the game. And at the moment I got AC 37 with Isaac Sequencer Robe. Correct me if I am wrong, that robes give my char +7 AC modifier and no dextirity bonus limitation. She was using Amulet of Protection +7 (I am not sure if it was +7) and ring of protection (not remember the bonus). My dexterity is 18 and with Belt of Agility +10, my dex bonus is arised enough to increase my AC accordingly.

While she was adventuring, most of the time I casted Shield (+1 AC), Elemental Shield (Elemental protection) and Death Armor. In total of buffed up spells gives her AC total about 40.

Dies?? hmm quiet often at start specially on ELF graveyard (SOU 1). When I finished SOU My level about 16 in total (Sor 10/RDD 6).
AnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 02:11 AM   #16
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Wow! AC 37 for a Wizard. My Cleric that I have taken through SoU and just completed The Nether Scrolls 10 minutes ago, had an AC lower than that for most of the game play. Eventually it will be off to HotU.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 06:16 PM   #17
philip
Galvatron

Epic levels give you much more bonuses or so it seems and it's a lot easier to get a high AC if you want.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2004, 07:44 PM   #18
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Any non strength-reliant character including rogues, wizards, bards and dex-fighters benefit from wearing light armor, that is armor that weighs a max of 1.0. Robes are irrelevant since they are simply a skin on an existing armor (heavy full plate can be a robe).
Old 02-25-2004, 12:15 AM   #19
Teh Bandito
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by Stratos:
Tumble isn't a feat, it's a skill that allows you to avoid attacks of opportunity while moving around.

I don't know the ins and outs of the Rogue class, but I think the she should be able to wear any armor you want her to but it will affect her Rogue abilities. In the description of the armor there should be something called 'Armor Check Penalty' which will tell you your penalty to some skills if you wear it. I don't know exactly which are affected, but I'm betting that stealth skills are among them.

As for the bows, she should be able to use the shortbow as well as the light and heavy crossbow.

I would go for more Rogue levels for Dorna. You already have one Cleric, you, and a more rougish Dorna will do more damage with sneak attacks. Just make sure the enemies attack you, and let Dorna flank them.
you have to keep in mind that heavy armor has a very low maximum dexterity bonus, which means a dex based char looses all of its adcantages wearing full plate
Teh Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote