Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2002, 06:20 PM   #1
Brennihelvete

I just did the D'arnise quest and last time I played it I got 10650 gold and 45000 exp...now I got no exp 650 gold and "well Ill just rot here forever then" words trhown in my face...whats wrong with peoples attitude nowadays?
Old 10-14-2002, 06:47 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Odd--what did you do differently?

And, coming from a fellow who just got the Flail of Ages, the Ring of Earth Control, and the Elven Court Bow, I'd say that making a fuss over 10,000 gold seems a bit petty.
Old 10-14-2002, 07:28 PM   #3
Seraph
Quintesson

Hey, 10,000 gold is about half way to the Robe of Venaca (sp?)
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 08:54 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Were you a Fighter/Barbarian/Monk class?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 09:39 PM   #5
White Lancer
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Were you a Fighter/Barbarian/Monk class?
why would he want the robe of vecna if he's a monk/barb/fighter? Unless he wants it for Aerie...
It deons\'t mttaer waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, it olny mtaetrs taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be croecrt. The rset can be a tatol mses and you can sitll raed it. The huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe.
White Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 10:24 PM   #6
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

That would be because Fighter classes get the keep as their stronghold. When they recieve the stronghold, they get lots and lots of cash plus the exp. Dundee was refering to the game where you got the massive experience. Also, I think that if you are rude to Nalia, you will get a worse reward.
Old 10-14-2002, 10:57 PM   #7
Jim
Quintesson

Actually, it doesn't make any difference what class your character is when recieving the cash reward from Nalia (ok so non fighters/barbarians won't get the stronghold but that's not the issue here). If Nalia is in your party and witnesses the death or Torgal, then when you leave the keep you will get 10650 GP. If however you storm the keep yourself and then report to Nalia and tell her "sorry but your father is dead" etc then you recieve the same XP but recieve only 650 GP.
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 09:15 AM   #8
Brennihelvete

Im an archer, so I was like very confused when all she gave me was 650 gold and then she started to mourn about me not letting her into my party which pissed me off. Now What did I do different? Well I spoke to Nalia when I arrived. Then I entered the keep and cleared it. I killed the umberhulks cuz I found out that you could use the (spoiler alert)

dog food to avoid fighting them later. I killed The boss trolls and then I went out to open the gate. Then I made the Flail of Ages and therafter I returned to Nalie to collect my reward...
Old 10-15-2002, 09:17 AM   #9
Brennihelvete

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
And, coming from a fellow who just got the Flail of Ages, the Ring of Earth Control, and the Elven Court Bow, I'd say that making a fuss over 10,000 gold seems a bit petty.
Hehe well youre probably right, just wanted to point it out...
Old 10-15-2002, 10:04 AM   #10
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

That's weird. I just played that through a few days ago with a Wild mage, without Nalia in the party, and I got the full 10,000+ G.P. and the 45,000 XP per party member.

My guess is that you did one of three things, or all:

1) Insulted Nalia
2) Insulted Daleson (the guy you first meet when you go in)
3) Insulted Lady Delcia (the one you have to RESTRAIN yourself from choking).

Insulting any one of these three will greatly reduce your reward (and can lower your rep as well...I think that insulting Daleson takes your rep down by 4!!)

It's hard to do, but if you want that quest reward, you REALLY have to restrain yourself in De'Arnise Hold. In a way, it's appropriate to the stronghold quest...fighters must hold their emotions and reactions in check. It makes a lot of sense.

-Sazerac

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote