Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2002, 03:20 AM   #1
Zandful Wisesowl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

can anyone give me some advice for the battle in hell with jon and his demon buddies. I can get rid of the demons easily enough but when it comes to fighting jon things just go pear shaped
Zandful Wisesowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 06:07 AM   #2
Jan

Funny. The demons gave me a hard time but Jon was just too easy.
Old 01-14-2002, 06:55 AM   #3
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well u need to Concentrate all ur power on the Slayer once the demons r gone..... if u leave him 4 to long he will b fully regenrated... cauze he regenarates pretty Bloody quickly!! ..... and ur spells r virtually usless unles u use lot of Pierce Magic/Lower Resistance/ Pierce Shields on him
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:02 AM   #4
Manwe
Manshoon

Yes, attack the Slayer with all your firepower, Minsc, Korgan... Summon fodder creatures, Hakaeshar, Nishruu, elementals whatever haste them, and turn into the Slayer and attack him! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Hopefully it should work, just straight melee power!
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:06 AM   #5
Glorfindel

Dont turn into the slayer if ur good..... or even if ur evil.... that makes it way 2 easy.... i beat all the demons and Irenicus Slayer withvery few scratchs... of course i had 2 change back b4 the end........ and on the Slayer point... can ne1 else change into theslayer and back without the ability dissapearing 4eva???
Old 01-14-2002, 07:12 AM   #6
Manwe
Manshoon

Well since i play as an Sorcerer, i hadn't time to cast lots of Lower Resistance, so slayer change was the only option for me... and it worked out fine.

You should be able to turn into the Slayer at anytime, but i think that if you do it in ToB you'll lose 2 reputation points. A bug in your game?
Manwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2002, 07:42 AM   #7
Glorfindel

I geuss so cause wheneva i use it and change back it dissapear's.... but i dont think ive used it since ive had ToB.... which means mayb that fixed it.......... and u alwayz lose 2 rep points... cause u get the desicion when u select the ability...... also do u eventually start taking alot of damage afta being transformed 4 a while??
Old 01-15-2002, 09:47 AM   #8
Zandful Wisesowl
Elite Waterdeep Guard

yeah you do start to lose hit points after being changed to the slayer and even after changing back if not done soon enough after you get the message that you feel your control slipping.

maybe thats my problem i have been changing in to the slayer to defeat the demons, changing back healing and hasting everyone in the party and then attacking jon.
Zandful Wisesowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 11:27 AM   #9
Magness
Quintesson

I've beaten SoA a number of times using the following strategy.

First, I always have at least 1.5 mages (usually Nalia and Imoen).

PRE-BATTLE:
Cast Simularcrum (or Project Image, I suppose) on both mages. 4 mages.... more magical firepower.

Summon the toughest monsters possible.

Cast all of your best buffing magics. Drink all the best potions.

Place you summoned monsters near where Iren's demons will appear.
Place your simulacrums at a decent distance from the where the demons will appear to keep them out of melee.

Start the battle.

Have your monsters attack the demons. Have your best tank attack Irenicus. Have your other tanks attack the demons. You want to kill the demons ASAP. At some point a few rounds into the battle, Irenicus will cast a death spell that will dispell your summoned monsters, so use them quick and kill Irenicus' monsters. The Horrid Wilting spell is a great support spell for this purpose.

Have your mages and their clones take down any defenses that Irenicus might bring up. Otherwise, have the mages cast spells to suppose your tanks attacks on the demons.

All things considered, killing the demons is your first job. It's easy to kill them quick if you focus on them. But keep Irenicus occupied. After the demons are toast, then throw the kitchen sink at Irenicus.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote