Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Hi

1) I would like to know excactly how much magic resistance do Drizzt and the Flesh Golems have?

2) Does magic resistance also apply to spells that the target can save to negate the effect (ex. mind affecting spells)? They seem to 'repell' each and every spell I throw at them.

Insane
Old 01-16-2003, 03:46 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

I am only guessing but I would say Drizzit has at least 50% magic resistant so you still should be able to do some damage with magic missls. Viconia has 50% and they are both drow.

I think the flesh goloms are immune to magic 100% resistant so don't bother using any spells on them.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2003, 05:23 PM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I believe Drizzt has 96% MR, or somewhere in that vicinity. He also has 10 attacks per round and a THAC0 of -12 or something. Just a wee bit overpowered, if you ask me.

Judging by the rate at which my spells connect against them, I'd say the Flesh Golems are about 75-85% Resistant.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

im yet to find anything where my spells bounce, so i dont think anything has 100 percent mr, i wonder if mr doesnt vary attack to attack, as sarevok is meant to have high mr, but maybe it rerolls it everytime magic comes into play, because everyones games seems to have a different story on the MR of certain monsters.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2003, 06:29 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
....maybe it rerolls it everytime magic comes into play, because everyones games seems to have a different story on the MR of certain monsters.
The game does in fact roll dice each time "magic comes into play:" Let's say you've got 25% Magic Resistance and you're standing in the middle of a Web spell. Each round, the computer rolls a D100 and if the result is less than your MR, the Web will not entrap you. For the remaining 3/4ths of the time, you will fail your MR roll, in which case the Web spell will affect you (meaning that the game now rolls your Save vs. Spells against the Web).

And yes, there are different versions of BG running around out there; Some people have ToSC while others don't, some play the US version while other have the European versions, some folks have patched their game, etc. That's why a few people on this forum insist that Sarevok has 0% Magic Resistance, while at home I have a screenshot of Sarevok standing in the middle of a Cloudkill, while the text box fills with the words, "Sarevok- Magic Resistance." Which of us is right? We both are.
Old 01-20-2003, 07:23 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

nooo i know the d100 roll thats obvious, i mean an additional roll determining the MR in the first place ie

so you cast a spell on sarevok...

for sarevok d30+65 for his MR

then it calculates whether your spell beats his MR on a d100, his current Mr being anything in that range, and next time you cast a spell calculates again? thats what i was thinking because people keep coming up with different figures for it , i seen 100, 75, 95 and 50 for sarevok so far on this forum
Old 01-20-2003, 09:49 AM   #7
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Grungi:
.... and next time you cast a spell calculates again? thats what i was thinking because people keep coming up with different figures for it , i seen 100, 75, 95 and 50 for sarevok so far on this forum
That wouldn't make sense. If on the other hand the MR percentage of Sarevok (and other MR enemies) was not a fixed value but a value that was rolled randomly from game to game (ex. 3d10+70), it could explain the feedbacks from other people. Or it could just be that the MR percentage of monsters was different in the various add-ons and patches.

Insane

BTW: Is it only me, or does then name Sarevok mean anything special if you spell it backward ?? [img]smile.gif[/img] (Please tell me if this is an old one)
Old 01-20-2003, 11:57 AM   #8
Grungi
Banned User

koveras as i said on another thread hes the gimp in the library, though the ring he gives you is useful so hes not all bad

and random MR makes some sense, doesnt always have to be fixed, think of it as in luck, and in fact i just answered my own question, luck probably comes into it as the random factor, im guessing thats why everyone has different values for the guy.