Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2002, 11:56 AM   #11
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

War is a part of human nature, when there is nothing to shake the ground we shake it ourselves out of our own lust for spilling the blood of others...

which really sucks don't it?
Old 10-29-2002, 12:36 PM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
I don't doubt thats its not a large percentage of the population that is actually killed by gunfire MagiK. But I think that most people would agree if I were to say that it is still too big, whatever it is.
Not I. If you've read my other posts, you know that I feel that the universe smiles everytime one of us vermin dies. We are not dying fast enough, as a new New York City's worth of people is added to the planet every year. And growing (geometrically I might add). Population in the #1 environmental problem. It won't kill us, just the however-many-million end up on the bad side of the famine curve after we reach carrying capacity of the planet. If we don't destroy the planet first. But remember, think happy thoughts and go buy s**t, 'cause that helps the economy and more stuff makes anyone feel good.
Old 10-29-2002, 12:50 PM   #13
Sio

No
Thats all that need be said isnt it
Old 10-29-2002, 12:51 PM   #14
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Not I. If you've read my other posts, you know that I feel that the universe smiles everytime one of us vermin dies. We are not dying fast enough, as a new New York City's worth of people is added to the planet every year. And growing (geometrically I might add). Population in the #1 environmental problem. It won't kill us, just the however-many-million end up on the bad side of the famine curve after we reach carrying capacity of the planet. If we don't destroy the planet first. But remember, think happy thoughts and go buy s**t, 'cause that helps the economy and more stuff makes anyone feel good.
You know...some times you sound a little like Ted Kazinski....I worry for you guy

Old 10-29-2002, 02:39 PM   #15
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

[quote]Originally posted by MagiK:
Quote:
font color="#00ccff">You know...some times you sound a little like Ted Kazinski....I worry for you guy
Good ole Ted, God bless him. In truth, if people don't want to live why is what he does wrong? Don't you disagree with laws making suicide criminal, MagiK?

If people would stop making so many babies (not that I have a problem with having one or two of your own), it would solve the problem, now wouldn't it? Of course that comes with prosperity, as it is an obvious fact that the more technologically advanced and wealthy a society is, the fewer the number of children born per couple. Also, it is a fact that the more women that are in the work force, the fewer the number of babies born.

But, I digress, and for that I apologize.
Old 10-29-2002, 04:46 PM   #16
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
quote:
Originally posted by MagiK:
Quote:
font color="#00ccff">You know...some times you sound a little like Ted Kazinski....I worry for you guy
Good ole Ted, God bless him. In truth, if people don't want to live why is what he does wrong? Don't you disagree with laws making suicide criminal, MagiK?

If people would stop making so many babies (not that I have a problem with having one or two of your own), it would solve the problem, now wouldn't it? Of course that comes with prosperity, as it is an obvious fact that the more technologically advanced and wealthy a society is, the fewer the number of children born per couple. Also, it is a fact that the more women that are in the work force, the fewer the number of babies born.

But, I digress, and for that I apologize.
Kazinski was the Unabomber. TL your thinking of Kovorkian up in Michigan.
Old 10-29-2002, 05:16 PM   #17
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ooops - TeHe.
I should read more carefully.

Dr. Death seems more relevant, though, so my mind immediately went there.

Kizinski is an interesting case: I had a law professor who got to know him well through his (the professor's, I mean) struggles against the death penalty. Being compared to him - now that I find offensive. Get your butt over here, MagiK, I have some fightin' words for ya.