Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 07:45 AM   #121
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Mine's back from when i liked metallica, the song off 'The Black Album' called "The God That Failed"
Thanks; not being a fan I had no idea where that came from.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:19 AM   #122
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

hehe, you'd have thaught if i'd made it up i would have called my self "The god that became all powerful and conquered the world" or something to that effect [img]tongue.gif[/img]

If i could change it now, i'd take one of two. Elhan's Accolade - Elhan, a cool chap in bg2, and a realy cool symphony X song, 'The Accolade' which means 'honor' basicly. So, put them togetehr, and it's a cool sounding name [img]smile.gif[/img] The other name i would use wouldbe Legionaire. I use that tag on Counter Strike, and that came from my favourite gun used to be a shotgun, and i read the name 'Leon' and 'Legionaire' somehow, and adopted the name.

[ 12-15-2004, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-17-2004, 05:20 AM   #123
spydar

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
Mine's back from when i liked metallica, the song off 'The Black Album' called "The God That Failed"
I knew exactly where that came from, being a huge Metallica fan as a result of having 5 older brothers who control the stereo.

"spydar" I think I first read in one of those MYTH I.N.C. books (which are oh so entertaining and I highly recommend), but when I first came up with it I had completely forgotten about that. she's my alter-ego, originally a RIFTS character who later became a vampire over online RPG chat rooms, and then somehow morphed into an alien bounty-hunter/smuggler when I started writing my little sci-fi story. she changes as I change, and is everything I like about me, and nothing that I hate about me.
Old 12-18-2004, 05:48 PM   #124
andrewas
Harper

Its my name. Plus, my initials. Had I intended to stick around for longer than it took me to fininsh Bg2 the first time, I'd probably have come up with something more interesting.
Old 12-18-2004, 06:14 PM   #125
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Shhh, don't tell anyone..

Q`alooaith

Depending on how you view dreams it's either my Astral self's name or just my overactive imagination running away with me..

Why did I pick it out? Because before I heard it in my dream for the first time I could not realy "hear" anything in my dream, sound was just a diffrent colour..

Now I dream in sterio baby yea..

Me = Weird/strange/odd
Old 12-18-2004, 06:29 PM   #126
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Thanks you 2. I appreciate the additions. I was curious about andrewas 'cos if you take out the "w" it's my name, Andreas.

How do you pronounce Q`alooaith?

[ 12-24-2004, 11:17 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #127
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hmm,
I just noticed this old thread for the first time...

Jorath Calar was my first Forgotten Realms character... a human Ranger, bodyguard and lover of an Half elven mage/sorceress called Natalia (which another player in the group played, girl mind you... [img]smile.gif[/img] )).

After the group disbanded (we went our seperate ways after college) I kind of forgot it until 1999 when I discovered Baldurs gate 1, kind of resurrected him there with partly the same stats and used him to play through the whole BG saga...
Old 12-19-2004, 02:27 AM   #128
Absynthe

I vaguely recall posting something about this about a hundred years ago...
Absynthe was a very popular drink in continental europe around the turn of the last century. It was an alcoholic beverage made with wormwood, which is a mild hallucinogen. Eventually it was banned for contributing to the downfall of society and promoting debauchery. Those being causes dear to my heart, I chose it as my name, which I use anywhere I go online.
At one time I considered going by Hedonist, but it seemed a bit sophomoric.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:12 AM   #129
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

Arledrian is a random thief/fence in BG II. I don't really know why I picked it; I suppose it's because I've always played rogue characters, and the name kind of rolls off the tongue. At least, it does if your verbal IQ is of a reasonable standard (*cough* Ale-drain *cough*). [img]tongue.gif[/img] I haven't played BG II in nearly three years now though. I guess a lot of us registered at Ironworks with poorly thought-out usernames, thinking we were only going to stick around to ask a quick question or two, but just look at us all, still goin' strong... man, are we hardcore or what? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-19-2004, 04:39 AM   #130
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

As with most members, I originally joined the forum to find help with Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate 2. This was the very first forum I joined, and since I was looking for advice on a CRPG game, I decided I should use an appropriate-sounding name.

My favorite PnP character was a barbarian (based on the 1st Edition Unearthed Arcana), so I decided to use his name and registered as "Cerek the Barbaric". Sazerac made a wickedly cool sig to go along with that name for me.

Later, I asked if I could drop "the Barbaric" tag. I didn't get a response for a long time, so I just assumed the answer was "No". Then I got a PM not long ago asking if I still wanted to make the change. I had to reregister as part of the change. That is why "Cerek" has only been a member since August 2004.

Since the name is unique, I use it on any forum I visit.