Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2001, 10:39 AM   #1
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

I will not go into the boring details of my final battle with Sarevok in BGI (HEY! I heard that spontaneous outbreak of cheers and applause!) I will say Rikard will be pleased to know there was much use of M*A*G*I*C as well as good old fashioned mayhem.

Now that I am into BGII, I have a few questions and answers will contain spoilers, so beware...

I am going to import (I think) my BGI character - I actually know how to do it! He's a fighter/thief with pretty good stats. I'm a might confused though. I got him to 100% stealth and wearing Shadow Armor but it seemed like my Hide In Shadows only worked 50% of the time. What gives? Does a helmet have anything to do with it (was glad to be able to wear one). Also, this character began life as a fighter. If/when I import him, can I choose either a fighter or a thief kit for him? I know I cannot have both, dammit.

SPOILER QUESTION: Is there a Cloak of Balduran in BGII? I don't want to know where it is, only if it exists.

2nd SPOILER QUESTION: Anyone get around to playing out the Jaheira romance thread? Will I continue to want to kill her? Because I knew some of the BGII story, I kept her (ARRRRGGHHH!!!) through the whole game. I did tragically (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) "lose" Khalid when he mysteriously walked into a group of Elite Chill Hobgoblins with no armor, weapons or potions (damn, that must have hurt).

Thanks, folks. I look forward to being that annoying itch you can't quite reach!
Old 02-06-2001, 10:51 AM   #2
Valen

Sorry can only help on the thief skill bit. The max is 200 (at least in BG2) but even then you have a 99% chance of failer. think of it like this,100=50% 200=100%

Old 02-06-2001, 11:01 AM   #3
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks, Valen. Darn, guess I'll start from scratch...
Old 02-06-2001, 11:06 AM   #4
BLACK KNIGHT

Might want to go with the Fighter Angle. You get a thief or two right off the bat . . .

BK

Old 02-06-2001, 11:20 AM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Hi IdiotRogue.

I don't think the cloak of Balduran is available per se. If you D/L the bonus CD from -http://www.bgdungeon.com/bg2/downloads.htm
you can then get some great items, including I believe Baldurans cloak. This CD only gives a couple of new shopkeepers but I won't give you their locations. Can't answer your other stuff....sorry mate.
Old 02-06-2001, 10:42 PM   #6
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks, Charlie. To show you my name is not misleading, I was seriously considering buying the collector's edition just for the bonus cd!

Anyhow, I'll be starting BGII from scratch - no imports. Thanks, again.
Old 02-07-2001, 01:12 AM   #7
G.W.

No, definitely stay with a fighter-thief. They nerfed proficiencies above specialized anyway, and thieves are so few and far between that your party will have lots of problems trying to fit the right one in. Best not to have to worry about them ever.

Old 02-07-2001, 09:36 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

GW, you can download a fix for that on the Ironworks download page, or at TeamBG. I don't know how to put sites into these messages yet, but I will eventually figure it out. Or not, like idiot rougue, I just live up to his name. Also, there is no cloak of balduran in BG2, but the bonus cd does include a helm, plate and sword of aforementioned Balduran.
Old 02-07-2001, 09:40 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Sorry, the cloak of Balduran is not available with any of the merchants, only way to have as far as I know is too spawn it or to use shadowkeeper, I haven´t imported an old character though.. might work but I don´t seriously know if any items you had will be available..
Old 02-07-2001, 09:47 AM   #10
Stealth Bomber

There is also a shield, which is sooo useful when fighting Beholders, but is only available with the collector's edition, along with several other Balduran items. NB there are two extra shops, one on the bonus CD and one on the collector's CD.