Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2001, 10:39 AM   #1
Sorcerer Dave
Drow Warrior

SPOILER
I was wondering cos I just got BGI and am playing a Fighter. He has these stats.

Strength: 18
Dexterity: 18
Constitution: 16
Inteligance: 18
Wisdom: 12
Charisma: 10

I know that you can find books that boost stats of the PC. So my fighter would be:

Strength: 18+1=19
Dexterity: 18+1=19
Constitution: 16+1=17
Inteligance: 18+1=19
Wisdom: 12+1=13
Charisma: 10+1=11

However I do not know howthey work. Do you learn something from thaem then chuck them or do you need them on you ?

I then plan on brining him over to BGII and dueling him to a Mage. However will the updated stats come over with him or will it be the original stats ?

Then when you get to hell in BGII you get more boosted stats. These last time for me were:

20% Cold, Fire, Electrical Resistance
Immune to +1 weapons and less
10% Magic Resistance
Bonus of +2 to Saving Throws
+1 Charisma and +1 Wisdom

So he should look like this ?

Strength: 19
Dexterity: 19
Constitution: 17
Inteligance: 19
Wisdom: 13+1=14
Charisma: 11+1=12

Is that what my character should look like for Throne of Bhaal ?

------------------
A Council Member of the Wizards of the Light

[This message has been edited by Sorcerer Dave (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 10:43 AM   #2
Lord Shield

I hope so, because they're EARNED. If they get stripped, I'll Shadowkeeper them back again

Old 05-10-2001, 10:47 AM   #3
Father Bronze
Baaz Draconian

I believe that whatever your character exports as are what the stats will be. When in BG1, you read a book (right click on the book and use it, or put it in a quick slot to use it) your stat goes up. That stat change is permanent. If you export the character and import into BG2, the stat will be the permanent increased one.

For the end stats, I am not sure if they are permanent. I think if you export your character after the stat changes, the stats stay as permanent. If you export before, you obviously wouldn't get to keep those changes. I think the default "final battle save game" is before the stat changes.

------------------

Most Subtle Official Straightman of the Laughing Hyenas -- Grammarian Brigade.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:54 AM   #4
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Dave,

Yes, ability stats are carried over from BG1 to BG2.

***SPOILER***
As for the abilities gained at the end of BG2:

Your "Final Save" (which the game generates) is, as Father Bronze hypothesized before you get the end bonuses. So...if you want to carry over those special abilities, I suggest that you save a game just before you use the last Tear. I suggest this because in order to have the bonuses reamin in ToB, you will have to replay the final fight with Irenicus and go right into ToB from there...after the end movie. That info. is direct from the Black Isle designers on their boards...

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!