Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2002, 01:49 PM   #1
The Elven Archer LEGOLAS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What was your perfect party with a mage/sorceror as u Personal Character with a good allignment?
I really need some advise.
Thnx.
Old 01-15-2002, 02:18 PM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Well, first of all, there's no such thing as a perfect party. It all depends on your playing style, but this has been said before and I take it that you know it.

So, the best party I could come up with for my Chaotic Good Half-Elven Wild Mage is:

With NPCs from the game:
Korgan (replaced with you-know-who in ToB)
Minsc
Anomen
Viconia
Yoshimo/Imoen

This gives you two warriors, two priests (one of whom can fight a bit too), two wizards and half a thief.

A fake multiplayer party with the same protagonist:
Half-Orc Berserker
Human Cavalier
Dwarven Priest of Lathander
Half-Elven Avenger
Elven Mage/Thief

This gives you, again, two warriors, two priests, two wizards and a thief.

[ 01-15-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 02:23 PM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

Legolas, before I give my reply I thought I'd mention how much I'm enjoying my 20th lvl elven archer. Boots of speed have made him a sniper extraordinaire. Half the time I leave my party behind and see if I can take out the enemy with just him!

Anyway, here was my first ever party.

Me (NG human sorcerer)
Minsc
Keldorn
Anomen
Jaheira
Jan => Imoen

2 mages, 2 cleric/druid spellcasters, and 4 potential tanks. It worked quite well. Sorcerer at high level is unreal, although I recommend doing some research into the right spells to choose.

Good luck!
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 02:34 PM   #4
Sir Byronas
Mephistopheles

First of all you must have at least 2 fighters, 2 mages (including your character), a thief, and a cleric. In the beggining take Jan (mage/thief) cause you need 2-3 fighters to survive.
So we have:
Your character
Anomen
Keldorn
Minsc
Jan (later replace him if you want with Imoen)
Jaheira

I hope this will help you.
Good luck!
Old 01-15-2002, 06:54 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

How the hell do you guys stay happy with only Imoen as your Thief??? Her Traps skill is good, but not 100%, and everything else is less than that! At least bring Jan along.....sheesh.
Old 01-15-2002, 07:08 PM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

nice and short

u
Keldorn
Jaheira
Vlaygar
Aerie
Jan

(Though this workz REALLY well for u being a barbarian 2
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2002, 08:44 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

using imoen as the main theif? easy.

just keep plenty of potion handy. actualy, i didnt even bother with that and could still unlock 90% of doors and disarm 90% of traps right until the end. having a knock memorized helps, if you can spare a slot from the magic missiles of course. my basic party is usualy:

me (whatever)
minsc (tank)
jaheria (fighter, second healer)
nalia (first mage, emergency theif)
aerie (third mage, first healer)
imoen (second mage, first theif)

prior to rescuing imoen i take on different npcs in rotation to get max xp. by the end of TOB even aerie can usualy throw time stops and imprisonments around, albeit not as many as the other two. not matter what your character is, you have more than enough magic firepower to take out most things, although if your playing a mage you should switch out nalia for another tank. also if your playing a nobleman. (mad idea i heard - play a useless character and make the party do all the work)
Old 01-16-2002, 01:08 AM   #8
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

Da dEaTh maCHiNES...
Healers??? u do not need healers, u can get the Ring of Regenerations and The Ring of Gaxx!!!
Aniways i'm currently playing with this group rite now:

Me(Dwarven Beserker)
Keldorn
Valygar
Jahiera
Edwin
Imoen

I left the first battle wif Irenicus with a few scratches... IMO u do not need healers. My PC smashes everything in sight while Keldorn dispells wif Cromsyr+5, Valygar hides in shadows and backstabs, Jahiera Tanks away and casts few spells, Imoen and Edwin cast Spells.
If u see any problems wif this group please let me know as no offence will b taken... PEACE!
Old 01-16-2002, 01:49 AM   #9
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmmm......to get all bases covered...

You: Elven Fighter/Thief (Tank, main Thief)
Jaheira (backup Tank & Healer)
Aerie (backup Mage, primary Healer)
Imoen (primary Mage)
Keldorn (another Tank, replace with you-know-who if you want)
Jan (backup Thief, dump him when you've got all the Thief skills you need), replace with...um.....Valygar, or Mazzy? Hell, even Edwin.
Old 01-16-2002, 09:33 AM   #10
Azred
Drow Priestess

quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
How the hell do you guys stay happy with only Imoen as your Thief??? Her Traps skill is good, but not 100%, and everything else is less than that! At least bring Jan along.....sheesh.

It's easy if your thinking is similar to mine--I never envisioned Imoen becoming a mage in the first place. I simply used Shadowkeeper to set her class to Swashbuckler and her level to 0. Upon starting the game again, she immediately "levels up" to level 1 and gains her initial abilities, then I increased her level to 13 (2 levels less than the average of my party at the time). Simple.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote