Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2001, 06:21 PM   #1
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When you bring three giant shells to Buckly at the shipyard, he is supposed to give you 200 gold and 200 experience poitns. Well, if you click on each character after he starts talking, he will talk to each one and award 200 gold to each character. And, he will award 200 xp to each character FOR each character. Meaning, if you have six characters, you can get a total of 1200 xp each. I haven't seen anyone else mention this bug, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Also, I have seen it written here that you can sell the Dragon Arrow to the shops and buy it back for less money, but I've noticed you can also do that with the Dragon Armor and with the Amulet of Argus. You can sell the armor for 12,500 and buy back it for 10,000; the amulet sells for 15,000 and is bought back for 12,500.

I just wanted to point this all out in case it's news to you all
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 06:24 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Ah - more undocumented features!

Always good to know!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:08 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Only if you are playing without the patch...

You can get up to 64x the quest's xp. I'm not sure why, but the game will only register 64 clicks at the start of the sequence. In Brimloch Roon for the Hydra's quest, this adds up to 640,000 XP rather than just 10,000--for ALL your characters. There's only a couple of quests this won't work with (the first Town Hall quest in Ishad N'ha, I think). All guild quests are the same. This won't upset any of the other quests, either, apparently. Interesting cheat if you're trying to level up a character quickly. However...and this is a BIG however...it's a double-edged sword. Level up too fast and you miss out on training levels at guilds when you shoot up 6-7 levels at a time. Use wisely, my friend...if you use at all.

For guild quests, click the character you want to get credit for the quest, then click onto another character and back on to him rapidly for 64 times (128 clicks). Then wander off. It takes a lot of time to register all that, especially with the more long-winded NPC's...(can you say 'Sabastio')?

The only time I've used this legitimately is to get my Valkyrie and Zenmaster characters up in levels quickly (since it's so close to endgame). It does work, though...even for the Valeia quests at the beginning.

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2001, 08:48 PM   #4
maxpower

While we are on bugs and cheats, everyone knows about the money cheat right using a new character to get 200 gold and then pool gold..and so on.
Has anyone noticed that in Ishad h'na this then becomes 400 gold each time. Plus I have found that what ever money your character has when you enter the town hall (for the first time back in town) in Ishad h'na will become the multiplier. Example being my 6 characters enter the town hall the bottom one has 500,000 gold on him I then click the top character and pool gold then select the bottom one and remove, re-add then pool gold again same as the normal cheat only this time its adding 500,000 gold. So its easy to get big money in a few clicks. Of course this is on the unpatched game.
This cheat works up to atleast 2,000,000 as a multiplier but I havent gone any more than that as getting 2 million on each click seems far enough...lmao.
Old 01-20-2001, 12:55 AM   #5
Moni

Playing with the patch & my fav by far has to be the Leprechaun quest in Brimloch Roon that my character repeatedly got 5000 Exp for every time he entered the shop after finishing the quest...very handy for one who waited to turn her Ninja into an assassin that late in the game & wanted him to be "up there" in levels with the rest of the players.
I did not take total advantage of it, it really got boring around level 7 but I did let him "catch up" to others characters as he went along so he could level up with the next guy(s) ready to advance.
Buying & selling arrows from the Bushi Guild & to the Magic Shop helped immensly when it came to enchanting & blessing weapons, but seriously, that far into the game it was really not needed.
I have finished the game with "worthy" characters and weapons, however unless there is going to be a sequel where these characters can be imported into the next game with their traits & equipment intact, it just wasn't worth having all the best stuff at the end when it was no longer needed.
Not one who will normaly re-play a game, esp where character advancement will make the beginning totally boring, I am hoping that there will be a sequel...I'll be completely disappointed if all that was just to tease & will re-think actually buying any games made by D.W. Bradley in the future, except maybe used & cheap.

Dr. Bob, my apologies in advance if the posts in this thread suddenly disappear like others that have made poublic the more negative aspects of an otherwise good game.

Nice ending! As much of a weeny as Cet was, it was not smothered in cheese.
Thanks D.W. Bradley for giving me something pleasureable to do with my time as ticked as I'll be if all is for naught regarding future play.

: )
Moni
Old 01-20-2001, 10:14 AM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Congrats Moni!!!! Another entry to the W&W Hall of Fame Winners!

Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2001, 11:07 AM   #7
Moni

Aw, Sazerac!
Thanks!
It was fun!!!
Moni
Old 01-20-2001, 01:09 PM   #8
Gauleiter

For technical reasons (hexadecimal numbers, the first digit of whose binary representation mustn't be negative) slightly over two billion is the maximum amount of gold that any single character can have. Of course, six (or more) characters with two billion each is more than sufficient, I'd say

On the Inn, in general: It seems that whatever a character enters the Inn with is what he has; it cannot be added to or deleted unless he leaves the Inn and re-enters -- then *that* is what he has.

Lemme try to explain, for those of you who don't know this (and don't want to learn the hard way, as I did); This is especially pertinent for those of us who bring along pack mule characters, to sit in the Inn and give us inventory space without stealing our experience: Let's say Steve enters the inn carrying Kerah's Sword; Mike is already in the Inn, with nothing but a Serpin Coin in his Inventory. Steve adds Mike, gives him Kerah's Sword, and removes him. Upon adding Mike again, Steve sees nothing but a Serpin Coin in Mike's inventory... WTF HAPPENED TO KERAH'S SWORD?!?

Well, it went to the same place everything else that's lost in the Inn goes to: D.W.'s house.

The solution to the Inn bug: transfer inventory items and LEAVE the Inn, then re-enter. NOW whatever is in their inventories will stay there. This is the reason the Gold Cheat works; whatever gold they entered the Inn with is what stays in their inventory during that stay in the Inn, no matter how many times they give it to someone else.
Old 01-20-2001, 01:29 PM   #9
Lily the Ranger

Thanks, Gau, for the explanation . . . that explains a few missing item. So all blackmarket trades must take place outside the inn. HM, think DW has my other slipper? And all those unmatched socks in the lonely sock bag . . .
Old 01-20-2001, 03:12 PM   #10
carg
The Magister

I could stop the rogue guild in Ishad from keeping to award me by asking for another quest. Perhaps a useful tip for anyone who wants to claim to have completed the game without cheating!
carg is offline   Reply With Quote