Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2003, 03:24 PM   #1
nancyepk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know that I have read about this on here before and I tried looking for it on the old posts but can I ever play on after defeating cet and talking to kerah and anephaes? or will it keep crashing no matter what I do? I have kept and relinquished the sword and it still just goes black with that dink sound that I'm sure we all hate. help!!!
nancyepk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2003, 04:53 PM   #2
bsftcs
Red Dragon

There is a little more to the game afterwards. One is now free of the sacred oath, and - depending on which side you have chosen - you can continue to play the game as either "good" or "bad". You can revisit the places where you have already been, and you can complete the last quests, if you still have any remaining. If you are playing the unpatched version of the game you should not enter the Pyramid again, since you will be trapped there forever by a bug.

So yes one should be able to play on. I have never experienced a crash here, and I really do not know how to help you here. Do not worry, the techies will be around shortly. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2003, 10:25 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi nancyepk,

I had hoped after I read this thread yesterday that one of our techies would have come up with some help. I don't have their knowledge. I have heard of other people's games crashing at the very end so you're not alone.

Do you manage to really relinquish the Mavin Sword or is it crashing just when you are trying to do this?

Do you manage to get through the battle with Cet without the game crashing?

Can you save the game right after defeating Cet but before doing anything else?

If you can do that, what I would suggest (and I don't know if this WILL help)is save your game and exit the game. Reboot your machine and then load that saved game - I'm going on the theory that so much is happening towards the end that the computer gets overloaded and thus more inclined to crash. Maybe with a fresh reload, you can avoid it.

Killing Cet is, more or less, the end of the game but you certainly can do such things as: go back to town and become Valkyrie and/or ZenMaster, play on fighting all the randomly generated monsters, etc.

You are not loosing a lot by having the game crash here. The "ending" isn't spectacular.

If you wanted to reset your game and wanted to have the items you would but the game crashes so you don't get to save them - I can help with that if you are willing to learn a bit about hacking!

Hope you will get some better and more useful advise soon!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2003, 11:41 AM   #4
nancyepk
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice Wyv and Bsftcs, but I am able to get through all. Kerah and Anephaes leave, the hourglass comes on and then blank. I have saved after killing him and in the middle of talking to Kerah and Ane and it always just crashes. I've thought about saving and restarting the game and then reloading the last save and seeing what happens ( I believe I read about doing that from an old post), I just think I'm completely out of luck on this one. anyway, I'll keep trying different things. I am playing the patched version by the way.
nancyepk is offline   Reply With Quote