Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2002, 10:18 AM   #1
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I really need a bag of holding because I'm just loaded with stuff and whenever I find new treasure it takes me forever to reorganize my inventory and the like. I've tried the walkthrough and the bag of holding isn't where they said it would be and I even tried to create one only to be disappointed because it's useless. Is there a cheat code that can make a real bag of holding?
Buschmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 10:40 AM   #2
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Do you have HoW/TotLM? I don't know about those two add-ons, but in IWD without them, there's only one Bag of Holding, and that one is broken; you can't put anything in it, you can only pull some worthless stuff out of it. Maybe you can extract the Bag of Holding-item file from BG2 and put it in your IWD override directory.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
Buschmonkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good suggestion!! I'll try it. I've figured out what HoW is but what is TotLM? Also what does PnP mean? Man I'm feeling dumb!!!
Buschmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2002, 12:18 PM   #4
J'aran
Mephistopheles

TotLM stands for Trials of the Luremaster, which is a second expansion to IWD, downloadable for free from the official website. You need HoW to be able to play it, and it's a BIG download, but worth it, or so I'm told.
PnP means Pen and Paper, playing an RPG the 'old-fashioned' style, as opposed to CRPGs, or computer-RPGs like IWD.
Old 03-01-2002, 06:34 PM   #5
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually the "broken" bag of holding in IWD isn't a bag of holding at all. It's called the Jester's bag and once a day you can remove a random item from the bag. It was never designed to truly function as a bag of holding.

AFAIK, the only bag(s) of holding appear in the ToL add-on and not in HOW.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 12:28 AM   #6
zakharak
The Magister

YO Buschmonkey, this is a trick i usually do when i am over bulked.

Go to some treasure site: table, chest, cabinet, etc. and just drop a bunch of she-ite in there, and go on some quick quest and cyfer through it all to decide what to keep and what not to. In the cabinet of the home next to the bar in kuldahar i have tons of useless stuff, that might come in handy at some point. What's nice is that you cannot max out the space available, to my best of knowledge! Try that, let me know if it helps.

See you, Peace out

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: zakharak ]

Ohhhhhh, one more thing. Drop all those useless arrows that are cheap, and other stuff like that (non-magical weapons, etc.) because they take up room also. lata skata

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: zakharak ]

Old 03-02-2002, 07:03 AM   #7
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
Actually the "broken" bag of holding in IWD isn't a bag of holding at all. It's called the Jester's bag and once a day you can remove a random item from the bag. It was never designed to truly function as a bag of holding.

Actually, it WAS a Bag of Holding, only it has gone haywire. Of course it wasn't designed to function as a Bag of Holding in the game, but it really was a Bag of Holding.
OK, everyone can shout "nitpicker" at me now, really loud.
Old 03-02-2002, 10:27 AM   #8
Azred
Drow Priestess

NITPICKER!

One thing I am going to try and do is to make the Jester's Bag generate a random item. I mean really random, just like the random items in containers. I have no idea if it's possible, but it sure will be fun! [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

[ 03-02-2002: Message edited by: Azred ]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2002, 10:33 AM   #9
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ROTFL ..

NITPICKER NITPICKER ...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2002, 11:28 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

But he's right.