Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2003, 03:55 AM   #1
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

My vote goes to Ac/Dc Live. So much energy, action packed through all the songs from ThunderStruck to For those About to Rock. I listened to that CD every day for about a year.

Also The Clashes live version of Should I stay or Should I go at Shea Stadium (I think it was Shea Stadium?) was pretty good as well.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 05:06 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
The only band who is better live on stage than recorded is U2.
Old 01-13-2003, 02:15 PM   #3
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

the very best live album ever is probably "one from the vault" by the grateful dead
Old 01-13-2003, 04:13 PM   #4
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I think it has to be "Live Across a Wire" by the Counting Crows for me. More particularly the VH1 Storytellers side of it. Some really amazing versions of already brilliant songs, IMO. But if you want to go for occasion and significance then I recommend Roger Waters performing The Wall live at the Berlin Wall in 1990. Incredibly powerful, and with a list of guest stars as long as yoru arm - Cyndi Lauper for "Another Brick in the Wall", Van Morrison for "Comfortably Numb", Brian Adams for "Dirty Woman", Sinead O'Conner for "Mother". The list just goes on and on...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2003, 04:56 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Either Hundred Year Hall by the Dead (better and older than the Vault) or A Live One by Phish. BTW, BOTH of these bands sound(ed) better live than recorded - always.
Old 01-13-2003, 06:23 PM   #6
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Nine Inch Nails "And all that could have been"! It rocks! [img]graemlins/rocking.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2003, 09:40 PM   #7
Gammit
Elminster

either "Live From Paradise: Best of" by the Toadies (of course), "Alive" (single) by Pearl Jam, or "Pulse" by Pink Floyd.
Old 01-14-2003, 06:23 AM   #8
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
The only band who is better live on stage than recorded is U2.
I think it's more an experience thing... Instead of saying "that's the best live band" you'd actually mean "that's the best live band as far as I know". Unless you've seen live performances of every single artist in the world, that is.
But the only live-album I have in my possession is "Heavy metall iz a poze, Hardt rock iz a laifschteil" by Motorpsycho (note that it doesn't really have that much to do with either Heavy Metal or Hardrock, it's more progrock with a flair of indie ). Best live-act I've ever witnessed was Motorpsycho as well, by far, though Godspeed You Black Emperor! and Pinback were very impressive as well.
Highest on my list of have-to-experience-once artists mostly because of their almost legendary live-concerts is Les Savy Fav. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 01-14-2003, 06:23 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Old 01-17-2003, 08:52 PM   #9
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Pink Floyd's Live from Pompeii
Jimmi Hendrix and Band of Gypsies
Peter Frampton Comes Alive
Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young 4 Way Street
Old 01-17-2003, 11:43 PM   #10
wellard
Dracolisk

Easier to ask what is the worst Live album...
My vote goes to any beatles live footage or bootleg, crap bootleg quality, non stop screaming and a band who's music was more advanced than the technology available in concert halls or stadiums. And they knew they sounded crap...

Shame really

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote