Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2008, 11:22 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Did my first ever 25 man raid ever!

Doing Magtheridon's Lair tonight - wish me luck!

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 11:37 AM   #32
Lavindathar
Harper

Good luck mate.

Easy as pie for a Rogue, DPS the channelers down in the pre-assigned order, then DPS away on Maggy himself.

I doubt you will be assigned a clicking job, if you are, your raidleader is fail
Old 08-27-2008, 01:37 AM   #33
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK just came back from clearing Gruuls again (missed out on the T4 pants on a roll) and Mags where we got him down to 25%. Our clickers are retarded. I almost wish I had been assigned clicking duties as they just couldn't click when needed and we always wiped on Blast Nova. On a positive personal note I came 3rd in total damage after regemming all my gear and 7th in DPS.

Old 08-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #34
Lavindathar
Harper

If people fail at clicking the raid leader needs a serious word.

All they have to do, is watch the DBM timers, and with 20 seconds go move to their platform (you'll get the bouncy thing so best to go early).

Then have Maggy targgeted, and as soon as he starts the Blast Nova cast you click. So simple.

And especially now, since he was nerfed. Maggy is twice as easy as he used to be, as now you only need 5 clickers. You used to need 10, since there was a debuff saying you couldnt click twice in a row.

Feel sorry for you. And unlucky on the rolls btw. I think you quite like PvE now Memm
Old 08-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #35
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

All I know is we downed all the channellers before Mag broke free, then survived through about 3 or 4 Blast Novas, then someone (must have) missed a click because all of a sudden 3/4 of the raid is dead.

So someone MUST have missed a click, or they died. Is there some kind of log to identify who didn't do what? It's annoying failing the same way multiple times.

Do you guys pull him to the middle of the room? I know that a couple of times he was fighting near one of the cubes - maybe he was facing one of the clickers and they got cleaved? I can't imagine any other reason why they would die if they weren't pulling aggro. Maybe a Collapse happened just before a Blast Nova?

And yes, I'm getting quite into it.

Last edited by Memnoch; 08-27-2008 at 09:43 AM.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #36
Lavindathar
Harper

No we tank him at the wall, making sure he is facing the wall so he can't cleave any clickers.

Clickers also need to know they can't run in front of him to get to their spot, or they may get cleaved and die.

And no, there is no log - best option you have is to see where the beam isnt coming from when people click...you should have 5 beams...if there is only 4, see who's position it isnt coming from.

people should be honest enough to say "sorry I didnt click" or something, so that you can make progress. Hiding mistakes just holds people back.

Oh well, keep trying I guess. Put 5 reliable people on the clicking, if possible, all ranged.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I didn't realise this was our first run through ever at Mag (with the exception of a couple of guys who had done it before). Obviously they need to read up on www.bosskillers.com to figure out how to do the clicking!

Old 08-27-2008, 12:01 PM   #38
Lavindathar
Harper

Right click?

Old 08-27-2008, 01:19 PM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavindathar View Post
Right click?

I think they got that, it's the time they click which is the issue. Also, I have a feeling some are spam clicking instead of just clicking.

Old 08-27-2008, 05:52 PM   #40
Lavindathar
Harper

Well, since the nerf, you CAN spam click.

Originally, if you clicked too early, you'd get the debuff, then couldnt click lol. Which did ■■■■ things up. Now you can reclick as many times as you want AFAIK.