Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #91
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Did my first ever 25 man raid ever!

We have shed some raiders and recruited geared and trained two rounds of recruits now. People are flaking out prior to the expansion -- deja vu from TBC, right? Anyway, we are back doing "for real" attempts on Kalecgos. The bosses I have to do to catch up to Lavind are Kalecgos/Sathrovar, Brutallus, Felmyst, Eredar Twins, and M'uru. I may or may not get to see this content prior to the expansion, but really I surpassed what I thought were my ideal TBC progression goals when I killed Illidan.

I'll show up, I won't be one of those that flake out, but really I'm not very excited about anything in Sunwell, I'm not overly fond of the instance.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:20 PM   #92
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memnoch View Post
So for me, we're obviously farming Kara, Gruul and Mag now. After Eye and SSC (is that the right order?) what's next? Hyjal? Then I guess BT after that? Where does ZA fit in?
You will need badge gear plus some early gear from the T5 instances (Eye and SSC) before you can do the first few bosses in Hyjal. Then you'll need some more drops from all 3 before you have the DPS to start doing the first bosses in BT.

There is a *huge* ramping-up on the last bosses in BT and Hyjal. The first 3 bosses in BT are push-overs, then it starts becoming a series of DPS and gear checks (Reliquary of Souls and Bloodboil) and then there's also one really annoying fight (Teron Gorefiend) that's another "interact with the environment" fight where everyone has to learn to play stupid mini-game to succeed. Then there's a resist fight where you have to have Shadow Resist gear.

Basically, if you aren't in Hyjal and BT already farming the necessary Hearts of Darkness to make the Shadow Resist gear, it's almost mathematically impossible for you to get the gear your raid needs to get past Mother Shazzrah prior to release of the expansion.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:30 PM   #93
Lavindathar
Harper

Timber, you've dissapointed me!

SWP has the best fights in game, they are by far so much more fun than anything else in the game.

kalec with his portals, Brut with the sheer DPS race, Felmyst with the ground phase/run phase/aoe phase, Twins is just awesomely fun, and M'uru, is fun although its sooo hard.

Just keep it at, the fights are awesome. Felymst/Twins are my fave I think. Keep going dude, you'll enjoy it
Old 09-07-2008, 08:46 PM   #94
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timber Loftis View Post
We have shed some raiders and recruited geared and trained two rounds of recruits now. People are flaking out prior to the expansion -- deja vu from TBC, right? Anyway, we are back doing "for real" attempts on Kalecgos. The bosses I have to do to catch up to Lavind are Kalecgos/Sathrovar, Brutallus, Felmyst, Eredar Twins, and M'uru. I may or may not get to see this content prior to the expansion, but really I surpassed what I thought were my ideal TBC progression goals when I killed Illidan.

I'll show up, I won't be one of those that flake out, but really I'm not very excited about anything in Sunwell, I'm not overly fond of the instance.
I know there's no way I'm going to see that content before the expansion, or ever. I guess everyone will start levelling once WotLK comes out and then BT/Sunwell will turn into another MC or BWL.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:48 PM   #95
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Btw guys, what happen to our current boj? Can we still use it in WotLK or not. I have plenty of them and I don't know what to do with them.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:53 PM   #96
Lavindathar
Harper

it's been confirmed you CAN'T use them. Well you can, but for level 70 gear.

Wrath introduces new badges, specific to each raid. And specific to each version (10 man or 20 man)

So to be honest, spend the gems, convert them into cash, just do whatever you must
Old 09-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #97
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

OK, I think I can safely say that I'm starting to hit a wall in terms of dps improvement given the gear I have - to get more dps I'll basically have to move to the next level up (T5 content).

Basically, I think I've gotten as good as I can get from the raids I'm doing (farming Kara, Gruul and Mag and running the Eye/Void Reaver). Maybe only other avenue before getting into the T5 stuff (which I don't know if we have enough people geared up to do consistently) is run heroics to get badges. Only thing I'm really waiting on are the trinkets (Warp Spring Coil and Dragonspine Trophy).

Armory me for my gear (click below) - tell me where I can improve. I still have the blue Fel Leather Gloves because according to Vulajin's Rogue DPS spreadsheet it's better than any other drop from Kara, Mag or Gruuls. So obviously there's an upgrade opportunity there. Maybe my neck and one trinket and one ring, and maybe bracers?

Currently my hit is 289 unbuffed and my AP is 1669 unbuffed as combat spec.

So is there any way I can further increase my hit and AP while waiting for the guild to gear everyone up to start running SSC and TK?

Last edited by Memnoch; 09-15-2008 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:53 AM   #98
Lavindathar
Harper

Without changing guilds, which I believe your reluctant to do, is to get the badge gear.

Some of that stuff has i141 level items. They are vastly superior

I took the other route, when i was labelled as one of the most skillful locks on the server, altho in a low end guild, I moved guilds. Twice actually. Then got into the best guild on the server. Each to their own.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 AM   #99
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I def don't want to move guilds at this point - I'm enjoying the camaraderie and casual atmosphere we have. I feel like I was a total raid noob until these guys gave me an opportunity and I want to repay them in kind for a while by helping others gear up. I might go the badge route for a while and get myself a leg up when we finally do the T5 content.

It's just so annoying seeing hunters and locks at the top of the DPS meters all the time. Highest I've ever gotten in a 25-man raid is 4th but these ranged guys always seem to do a ton of DPS (they do have a gear head start on me though). That said, total damage I'm usually always in the top 3 now.

Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #100
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Armory me and see where I got my gear. I have 1829AP, 337 Hit, 30% crit. If I switch to some other gears I have in bank I can easily have 2000++AP, 300 hit and 28% crit. However according to vulajin's spreadsheet this will actually lower my dps. Hmm...

The only thing left I need for T4 content is the DST. Funny how it's the best trinket for rogues and yet it's only in a T4 content.

Unless your current guild switches to a progressive guild. It's very hard for you to upgrade your gears from raiding. You really need to find other guilds to do this. Currently, the only thing you can upgrade yourself is through running heroics like a zombie.

However, as you said from the other topic, is there a point to get new epics since the expansion is quite near?

Don't be suprise if a BM hunter outdamage you. For a warlock, it's only sometimes.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote