Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2002, 07:48 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

So this one time in TOB I was fighting 3 Beholders at the same time, I had Aerie cast a charmspell, pretty much because all oter spells were gone and amazingly on of the beholder turned green... so I instantly had him help in killing the last one, Minsc destroyed one of them, after the second one was killed I wondered what spell my new pet had and saw one of them was maze... eh, so I had it cast maze... on it self and it worked... he was gone... I feel sorry for the poor chap who decides to use a freedom spell there [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:53 AM   #2
philip
Galvatron

Jan's dialogues are very funny. Other moments were killing the shadow dragon without weapons that could hit him and it was my first dragon kill so it was very cool. Edwin's Nether scroll quest.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2002, 07:58 AM   #3
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Mine fun moment was also about beholders.

Spoilerish, I might say...

When I hit the beholder lair, I had the cloak of mirroring on. So I ran through all the lair, lured all the eyes (including the elder one and some gauth) into a big room, then simply stood in the centre and ignited a cigarette after the half of that stinking goo was burnt into ashes, all I got was 10-15 beholderish statues around me. Looked like a beholder history museum - here you see some gauth, here they are grown up so they became beholders, and here is their leader, The Elder Orb, ladies and gentlemen! Ah, I also forgot to mention (rather essential) that I got no damage at all, and the XP made my Minsc and Keldorn level up a bit
Old 09-02-2002, 08:07 AM   #4
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

SPOILER ALERT!

In the final battle, in SoA, Irenicus summoned those 4 demons, then put up his own spell protections, and cast mislead - as usual. I almost got used to the scheme But he turned to a slayer first, so I was thinking of using the ability myself, but the circumstances were stronger than my will. Remembering our previous fight, I made my Imoen fire arrows from gesen at him to disrupt his castings, and swiched my fire/sword power to the demons.

A turn later, the demons were over, I ressurected Minsk and cast a dispell at the slayer (it was staying motionless all the time, not casting even a magic missile!). It turned out to be a mislead illusion. But the REAL stayer was gone! After a bit of searching I foung it staying at the other side of the column. It was full of protections - fireshield etc. I decided to wait a bit, got out of its LOS (it didnt attempt to attack me!). Then, saved and rested! no interruptions. Woke up to find the fool creature at the same place with no protections at all! So enraged/engaged and disrupted all the casting attempts, finally not getting a scratch from the Irenicus itself... What was the use of turning into the slayer, then?
Old 09-02-2002, 08:23 AM   #5
Fiend
Manshoon

***SPOILERISH***
my best moment was the 1st time i played the game. when u have to kill bodhi for real i was in one of the corridoors on the same map that bodhi is on and i didnt know what to expect so i sent nalia exploring. she opened the door to where bodhi is an loads of vamps and bodhi appeared!! i immeadiately paused sent all of my party to help and was going to send nalia runnig when i saw it. DAYSTAR. MWAHHAHAHAAA!! I told her to cast sunray and un-paused. 3 secs later 1 vamp left on badly-injured. defeated by the time my party arrived. Was bodhi supposed to be hard??!!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:26 AM   #6
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Yeah... I remember dealing 2000+ damage to a vampiric mist with the Daystar's sunray!

[ 09-02-2002, 08:27 AM: Message edited by: TaSSaDaR ]
Old 09-02-2002, 08:30 AM   #7
Fiend
Manshoon

cheesy way of killing things but hey it works!!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:33 AM   #8
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Not cheesy at all! All that is cheesish about that daystar is that they do not write "undead destroyed" like the mace that I once found... That was a good way to clean up all the shadows, raid all the graves etc - you touch the undead and it dies! Unfortunately I forgot the name of the mace... But it worked even on vampires!
Old 09-02-2002, 08:37 AM   #9
Fiend
Manshoon

I thik it was the mace of disruption +2. the most cheesy weapon in the IMO(i'll still use it though) is crom faeyr.
Old 09-02-2002, 08:43 AM   #10
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Yeah, the mace of disruption. But the cheesiest weapon IS the staff of magi - you get invis every time you put it on. So you cast a spell, then immediately press F3, F2 and here you go! again invis! So I can play hide&seek without any summons, and AI should be smart as hell to guess the location I will reappear next! The only way of killing me left is throwing in lots of fireballs so i simply run out of hp!