Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2003, 03:54 PM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Finally broke down and adandoned Baldurs gate 2 for neverwinter nights. Been having fun in the first chapter though I have been annoyed at missing somethings. For the moment however I am most annoyed with the inability I seem to have to just drop a gem on to a large palm shaped stone alter. Its worse then trying to load items into the forge in the neverwinter core area. I have loaded all the recent patches going from 1.30 to 1.32 ad I have bashed the daylights out of it. I even drank the potion of bulls strength and then wacked it with a morning star in one hand and a mace in the other (both +1). I have even resurrected the guardian spirit of the hold to see if that triggers the system (no soap). I know that if I go ahead at this point I will simply be engaging Dester and either getting clobbered or getting his surrender (done both, learned to leave no ritual creature standing). Of course after that I can't return from that floor and can only go back to neverwinter for the end of Chapter 1.

The only thing I havn't tried is to wack the last undead at the entrance door and then try loading the alter. I came in the back door from the prison.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:35 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

Check the thread on this subject that you resurrected, I posted the answer there.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:22 PM   #3
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Okay, for the sake of future players I have an addition to the ideas on how to make the alter work. I tried a variation of the bash technique ading the pressing of various keys to the sequence. To make a lng story short, you have your character begin bashing the alter and then you press the control key. When you press the control key the inventory screen will open with the alter on the top as if it is an open bag of holding. You can then easily place the gem in the alter and immediately set the animated armor moving. I tried it several times and it works everytime. Now I have one disclaimer on this: I am operating a MAC so this may not help any Windows players.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote