Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2002, 04:53 PM   #1
Priam Agrivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

End of chapter one, gone through Helms Hold all the way through to the cave entrance (killing Desthars lieutenant).

What do i do now, there is an altar in the courtyard but i am blown if i know what to do with it.

Any advice, spoilers are ok!
Priam Agrivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2002, 04:57 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Priam Agrivar:
End of chapter one, gone through Helms Hold all the way through to the cave entrance (killing Desthars lieutenant).

What do i do now, there is an altar in the courtyard but i am blown if i know what to do with it.

Any advice, spoilers are ok!
There are some stairs up in the north-central part of the map (the first floor). Go to the far north-west room, and go as far east as possible.

BTW Welcome to Escape [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 10-14-2002, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: True_Moose ]
Old 10-14-2002, 05:51 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Spoilers>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
I didn't know what to do with that altar(the one shaped like a hand) either. I used both books I found on the altar in the temple(that looked like a rectangular rock) to first banish the demon and the second to return the spirit of Helm. If you free the demon for a reward, maybe using the other book on the second (hand shaped) altar allows the spirit armor/warriors/whatever to restore Helm's spirit to HH?

Anyway, the stairs up are opposite the interior wall near the demon in the temple, but you have to go around the long way to reach them. If your having trouble finding it, enlarge your map and make sure you've been through all the blue doors, but...

Don't go upstairs until you've finished everything else, because once you go upstairs, you can't come back.

Now a question of my own....

After I restored the spirit of Helm, I went back to the dungeon/basement where I'd talked with the former leader of Helm's Hold. When I first met him, he said he'd stay there until HH was clear. After banishing the demon and restoring Helm's spirit, I went back to talk to him, but he didn't leave. Did I miss something?

Now another question....

Across from the former leader of helm was a crazy cult guy. When clicking on the cell door the choices were to open the cell, or jam the door forever sealing it. Was this some kind of alignment test? I saved, opened it, and killed him, but there was nothing special, so I reloaded and jammed it figuring that was more in-line with my alignment. Nothing like a "re-do"...lol

[ 10-14-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 10-14-2002, 06:05 PM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Oh yeah....

Welcome to The Great Escape!!!!!

Old 10-15-2002, 12:21 PM   #5
magnetism
Manshoon

Spoiler

In helms hold in the court yard adjacent to the alter in question is a hell of a fight with some cursed rangers and skeliton warriors. One of the corpses in this area has a gem. Place this gem on the alter and the 4 armours run around the dungeon wacking everything for you ^_^.
Old 10-15-2002, 12:38 PM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by magnetism:
Spoiler

^_^.
AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

I can't believe I missed that!
Old 10-15-2002, 05:15 PM   #7
Priam Agrivar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Damn,

Gonna have to start again now............turns out ive missed just about everything.

Thanks for the info guys, trust me i will be back!!!!!!!!

(Especially when i am stuck..........again!)
Priam Agrivar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 04:06 PM   #8
Mirror Image
Manshoon

Saw this note and the question regarding the palm and the etched gem. I can't get the dam thing to accept the gem. Did you succeed in getting the armor working and does it help in the final battle against Dester. I have beat him myself with my companions but any additional help would be useful.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 05:16 PM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

I think the the whole gem/alter thing is broken. There's supposed to be a inventory screen with the altar where you place the gem. I've read on the BioWare forum that bashing the altar one or two times might help. In any case I've only gotten this thing to work once.
Old 11-01-2003, 05:31 PM   #10
andrewas
Harper

Just a point, resurrecting a dead thread like this usualy causes some confusion as people try and respond to questions asked last year and suchlike. Its usually better to create a new thread than dig up an old one. But no matter.

The only time I ever got the altar to accept the gem, I ignored the battle outside, grabbed the gem and ran straight to the alter. My theory is that if you are in combat mode, the dialogue can't trigger and you can access the container. /Very/ glitchy by bioware standards.

It might not be worth doing though, the gaurdians for me tended to hang around in doorways. Plus they dont do that well against the enemies spawned against a 16th level character. The enemies scale, the gaurdians dont.