Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2011, 08:57 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Smiley Got an iphone, any tips?

Sadly I have been pretty behind on technology over the past 5 years. Have had a cheapo Gophone for two years (only had a landline before that). I now have upgraded to an iphone and I love having a smartphone now. The Gophone had no keyboard so it took 100 years to just text a sentence! And to actually be able to get on the net with a phone is so cool.

Anyone have any tips or cool apps they like? Any info at all would be welcome because I am still a complete smart phone dummy LOL. I am learning though.

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 04:00 AM   #2
Wolf Rider2
Elminster

Default Re: Got an iphone, any tips?

Depends on the kind of apps you are looking for. Time wasters, useful apps, showing off apps... There are many different kinds .
Wolf Rider2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The iPhone comes with a touch-screen keyboard only, which sucks for some - others find it fine. I personally prefer the pull out/flip out keyboards. You can buy them on ebay for $30-$70 as a seperate attachment. Apple don't make them afaik. If you don't like using flawed touchscreen keys, this will be very important to you. It is actually the reason I kepy my Blackberry for so long. Then, I moved onto the iPhone briefly, but switched to the Droid - which I am so happy with. The pictures it takes, the functionlity with it and my computer, the bluetooth capability etc. are all stellar. But iPhone is fun, if you can get over the virtual keyboard.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I just upgraded to an Android-based phone, so I've got the same questions... what don't I know about?

I don't know if they're available on iPhone or not, but categories of things that have been suggested to me include...
  • Anti-virus (Lookout is what I have)
  • Process clean-up (Task Killer... allows me to close things that like to stay open after I leave)
  • Bar code scanner (can use to scan and compare prices while shopping)
  • Flashlight (included with Android)
  • Angry birds (game... my kids love it, and I enjoy it too )

After that, it depends on what you might want to do.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
I just upgraded to an Android-based phone, so I've got the same questions... what don't I know about?

I don't know if they're available on iPhone or not, but categories of things that have been suggested to me include...
  • Anti-virus (Lookout is what I have)
  • Process clean-up (Task Killer... allows me to close things that like to stay open after I leave)
  • Bar code scanner (can use to scan and compare prices while shopping)
  • Flashlight (included with Android)
  • Angry birds (game... my kids love it, and I enjoy it too )

After that, it depends on what you might want to do.
If you're happy with the Droid, either get another one or stay where you are imo. The Droid has now surpassed the iPhone as the top selller. Most of what you listed will most likely be available via apps for the iPhone. I know with scanners etc. there are multiples.