Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2003, 03:35 PM   #11
ScottG
Drow Warrior

this brings up a question I've been meaning to ask - how does one "make" their own equipment. I've heard that you go into the NWN's folder and double click on the toolset (which I've done b4) but it only brings up an incomprehensible interface that looks geared soley toward creating a "dungeon-esqe" enviroment, not weapons, armor, ect.. If you've found a site that has detailed instructions that would be GREAT! (please provide a link) I have looked for such a site but haven't found one.

as far as the character param.s I mentioned - I think speed potions would be more appropriate (i.e. strong use of potions). Furthermore think about the way this character attacks and defends (jumping into and out of shadows). For attacks the character is always trying for a sneak attack. (and for the most part its a singular attack - i.e attack once and hide then attack again, rinse and repeat). The same is true from a defensive standpoint. In otherwords even if the opponent is immune to sneak attacks this character will fight like this - not for extra damage from sneak attacks, but instead for its defensive quality (i.e. what you can't locate you can't hit - except by area effect spells). This of course requires high stealth (i.e. high move silently, high hide, and of course hide in plain site). In addition of course additional ac will be provided by dex..
ScottG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 08:43 AM   #12
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

ScottG,

Making items in the toolset is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.
All you need to do is to create a new mod, then create a single room (you don't need any exits or entrances believe it or not) first, add a couple of containers and then actually start making items. You need to periodically save the mod or you run the risk of losing items.

Actually crafting the items is done as follows:

Click the "sword" icon on the upper right
Then click "custom"
Now select the category of item you want to build - lets say you want to build a set of robes for a mage - so you click on "custom", "armor", "clothing"

A dialogue box will then open, where you get to (a) name the item, (b) select whether it is magical or not (doh!) and then (c) select the range for the level of character required to use the item. Then you hit "launch item properties".

Another dialogue box will open which will allow you to customize the color and appearance of the items. In addition, you can alter the items properties (change it's AC bonus, add feats, add stat bonuses, etc.).

Check out nwvault - this is an EXCELLENT set of tutorials on the use of the toolset there.

Sorry I can't be more precise on the steps - I am at work (arrrgh) and can't access NWN from here.

[img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 02:24 PM   #13
ScottG
Drow Warrior

cool! (Thanks) I'll try it out tonight.
Old 10-29-2003, 03:29 AM   #14
Ilythiiri
The Magister

I have tried it out, based on ScottG's guide, but have met some problems. I am now at lvl 5 rogue(core difficulty). I am wielding a katana+1 but sadly it don't hit often, coz by being dexterious fighter, my strengh drops, my strength stat is 12. My dexterity is 18. The dex bonus did not count, as katana is not a light weapon. I have to choose weapon finasse feat as thats what a dexterious fighter would choose. Is there any way to counter/solution to that? Otherwise, I would have to wield a kukri or rapier which spoils the fun of being a ninja, coz they do wield a katanas.
Old 10-29-2003, 04:42 PM   #15
ScottG
Drow Warrior

Don't worry about problems at level 5, ANY rogue will have problems at that level - use a henchman if neccesary OR make more use of traps (preferable). Use darts or shurkines and throw at them and lure them over a trap.

You can boost str. using Daleon's? amulet and bulls strength potions (which last for quite a while). Alternativly use a kukri; eminently plausible for a ninja to use one (more so than a katana - because katana's are really too big).

Its a shame they don't have ninja-to's in the game. The coolest looking weapon I remember (in a d&D game) was from the delux edition patch in BG2 called something like the blade of the scarlet brotherhood, which was in fact a ninja-to and had this really cool black blade with a blood-red pulsating glow to its edge.

When you hit character level 9 you will open up better variable treasure for the belt of hill giant str. (in NWN's and I think level 8 in SOU).

If it were me I'd just use the forged shortsword feyduster for the time being (provided you are not in SOU). IF you are in SOU then I'd say at this level you should prob. be using that pixe dagger. In a few more levels you will have your Shadow Dancer level and then things won't be so difficult anymore.