Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2003, 11:39 PM   #1
Mirror Image
Manshoon

I am in chapter 2 and I think I am getting ahead of myself. After my character was ambushed by assasins I decided it would be practical to grab my half orc and enter the neverwinter woods to disrupt the cult's plans to form an alliance between the orcs and Dalean's tribe. But when I heard of trolls attacking an archeological dig and knowing the cult was looking for an ancient artifact I decided to dungeon around. I swapped Dalean out for Liu but only after finding her husband's journal. Question, if she had been there when we found the journal would she have made a scene. second, now that I am past the second seal I am wondering if I go one more seal do I end this chapter before I have been to neverwinter wood or Charwood. If so I will simply backup and finish those areas an then come back.
Mirror Image is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 05:41 AM   #2
shadowolf03
Drow Warrior

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!
!
!
!

!
!
!

!
!
!
!

Picking up Henchman stuff does not automatically trigger any reaction from them. You have to talk to them to get your special item or whatever. Thus you can collect all the henchman stuff then go around the recruitment area collecting your goodies.

The dungeon is no where near the end of the chapter. It is understandable that you make that mistake since the dungeon hints about the Elders or something like that.

Happy gaming!
Old 11-06-2003, 07:41 AM   #3
Stratos
Vampire

Minor Spoilers!
You mean the seals in the dungeons below the Troll caves, right? If that's the case then, no, finishing that dungeon doesn't end the chapter. As a matter of fact those caves and dungeons has nothing to to with the main quests in chapter two, they're just side quests. As you probably remember Aribeth asks for two leads about the cult's whereabout and that's the only thing you need to find to progress.

Just like in chapter 1 with Helms Hold there's a 'point of no return' in chapter 2, but that's after you've entered a place that was previously closed to you. You can, and I recommend you to do for items and xp, visit the Neverwinter Woods and Charwood. But do that before you enter the place I mentioned above ( you probably already know which place I mean.)

[ 11-06-2003, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Stratos ]