Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2001, 10:30 AM   #71
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

WAIT I HAVE DIRE NEWS!!! HOCKEY SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS....haha sorry just some ass that grew up in a tropical climate where water is only good for surfing
Old 06-04-2001, 12:36 PM   #72
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hockey doesnt suck! and bourque, who can blame him? i guess he stayed there that long coz of what you were saying ogo... and nothing happened... 20 seasons? enough to build a dynasty;.

earth, is the format COL,COL,NJ,NJ,NJ,COL,COL? i didnt know really. i thought its denver in game 5 and nj in game six...

Roy.. i wonder why did he make those stupid errors... he doesnt have great puck control like Brodeur has... and the luck of hasek. he should just stick to what he does best, hang around CLOSE to the net.

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...wehehehe and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 01:28 PM   #73
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Wow, been away for the weekend and missed out on some great posts.
On the Jagr vs. Sakic topic. Well I would say that Jagr is the better player, but I would rather have Sakic on my team.
Cam Neely! One of the worst trades in NHL history was when the Canucks traded Neely for Barry (Who the *#@$ am I) Pederson. Grumble grumble, still sore about this one. Hopefully Bertuzzi turns into the second coming of Neely.
Bahamut, I believe the format goes like this: Col, Col, Nj, Nj, Col, Nj, Col.
And Oh man what a goal Drury potted in game four! I've been pretty impressed with Drury. Seems to get more press than Hejduk who seems to put up better numbers. Who do you all think is better: Drury or Hejduk?
Old 06-04-2001, 01:49 PM   #74
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

hejduk. but drury when its playoffs

------------------

You know what happened. We are ONE, WE ARE, ahh.. er... I AM ...teehee and... Stay ahead of the Avalanche or risk being buried...
Old 06-04-2001, 02:34 PM   #75
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Dury i think,thought i dont watch the avs much so i coudlnt say. And I am not a Vet like yall so i have no clue about neely and all that.

I still think Jagr is the best. Next the Mario. I cant wait for tonight (game 5) it should be a good one..

oh and as for Caleb..well NM i guess you havent matured yet
Old 06-04-2001, 04:46 PM   #76
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

No im just smart. Only guy with some skin pigment to play in NHL got knocked comatose....coincidence? maybe but I will just stay off frozen water for my own good
Old 06-04-2001, 05:43 PM   #77
Djinn Raffo
Ra

I think the incident you are reffering to (Brashear?) was a coincedence Caleb.
Though it is true that not many guys with skin pigment play in the NHL, however I think this is something that is beginning to change and in the future you will see alot more of IMHO.
Just saw some show recently hosted by Cuba Gooding Jr. about this subject. African Americans do have a proud history in the NHL and a future in it. What is cool about the NHL is that it seems to have a diverse talent pool, lots of Europeans. Lots of canadians. Plenty of different nationalities.
Old 06-04-2001, 06:12 PM   #78
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
Dury i think,thought i dont watch the avs much so i coudlnt say. And I am not a Vet like yall so i have no clue about neely and all that.

I still think Jagr is the best. Next the Mario. I cant wait for tonight (game 5) it should be a good one..

I am glad you enjoy the greatest sport on earth. Out of curiosity though... I noticed you are from Texas... did you begin to watch hockey once the Stars moved from Minn?
Best forwards in the NHL right now
1. M. Lemieux
2. Sakic
3. Forsberg
4. Jagr
5. P. Bure
but... the best PLAYER is either Pronger or Hasek. IMHO.

Old 06-04-2001, 06:55 PM   #79
Djinn Raffo
Ra

ogopogo, I agree.
IMHO it's Pronger. This guy sets the pace and he dominates games.
Old 06-04-2001, 07:34 PM   #80
ogopogo
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Djinn Raffo:
ogopogo, I agree.
IMHO it's Pronger. This guy sets the pace and he dominates games.
And... you know the funny thing is that Keenan was pratically run out of St.Louis when he traded Shanahan for him. The same thing happened in Vancouver when Keenan traded Linden for Bertuzzi. Who would you take now? Kennan gets a bad rap but he can sure judge talent...