Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2002, 12:13 AM   #1
Recluse
Dungeon Master

I was thinking about starting a sorc in a single player game but i was just wondering how well they would stand up at at low levels(all of chapter 1) against all the melee fighter enemies?? Would i be better off just using him in multi(if multi ever gets fun and or organized) ?
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 01:28 AM   #2
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

My 2 most sucessful characters so far have been my wizard and my bard. The things that made my wizard so great are avaible to the sorceror too. You can almost have a real part (in a way) you get a henchman, summon a familiar, and summon a creature. now you have a team of 4. those three attack and i stand back and cast spells or use my bow. its worked out great.
Old 06-30-2002, 04:11 AM   #3
Recluse
Dungeon Master

ya, im now starting to notice they arent as bad as i thought. I lvld to lvl 3 sorcerer and put one level in rogue(mostly to lay traps).. its workin out pretty good so far. sept it's kinda wierd having yer spells rely on charisma... i dont see how that connects in any way but ahh well.
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 07:59 AM   #4
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Recluse:
ya, im now starting to notice they arent as bad as i thought. I lvld to lvl 3 sorcerer and put one level in rogue(mostly to lay traps).. its workin out pretty good so far. sept it's kinda wierd having yer spells rely on charisma... i dont see how that connects in any way but ahh well.
Actually, one of the familiars you can get (the pixie) disarms traps. Just make sure you tell it to stay far behind you, and give occasional commands to stay put (it likes to wander off and attack at times, and it is not stong in that department).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2002, 08:09 AM   #5
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by slackerboy:
My 2 most sucessful characters so far have been my wizard and my bard. The things that made my wizard so great are avaible to the sorceror too. You can almost have a real part (in a way) you get a henchman, summon a familiar, and summon a creature. now you have a team of 4. those three attack and i stand back and cast spells or use my bow. its worked out great.
yeah, i did the same thing but it started to seem so cheesy so i took out the henchman.
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 12:09 PM   #6
AndyG
Elminster

Even at level 1, you get a familiar. You can also take Summoning 1 as one of your first spells. Right out the gate, you'll have an army of two to do your fighting for you.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2002, 01:01 PM   #7
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

i have a fourth level sorceror right now. i am using Tomi as my thief, and i have a panther familiar as my fighter. as you level up, your familiar gets stronger, more hp's, better at hitting, etc. they are great to have. Tomi actually does decent damage too, that sneak attack is great. my ranger/thief is a killing machine, heh. anyway, you get LOTS of spells as a sorceror, and they only get better. i am going to keep him a plain sorceror, so i can have as many spells as possible. mage's armor is a GREAT spell too by the way. i have an 18 when i cast mages armor, it makes my ac 18. a sorceror with no armor, that works well.
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote