Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 05:43 PM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

*sigh* i played this game till i got out of the whole big academy but i still didnt find it to my liking. i dont know why.. maybe because its got too many special skills, feats, spells and stuff.. but most of you are jumping up and down, saying how good this game is. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
At which point did you start liking it? it would be really sad if i would never like NwN AT ALL
uss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:39 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

It took me a bit of time to get used to the interface, and the fact that you get only one NPC (henchman). But once you get to the Core where you can talk to different people, hire a henchman, buy and sell, and of course get clues and quests, and truly begin the game, it gets better and better, now I am truly hooked! Just give it some time and keep going, you'll see what I mean [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:42 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Like LadyZ said uss, it takes some getting used to. Then it gets fun. And pretty damn creepy in some parts.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:47 PM   #4
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Like LadyZ said uss, it takes some getting used to. Then it gets fun. And pretty damn creepy in some parts.
Definitely creepy in some parts... Charwood comes to mind now... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hmm... as for the original question... I found it fairly interesting when i started out, but I really started liking the game a lot once I got into Beggar's Nest. Muahahaha... fun... [img]tongue.gif[/img] personally, though, I like having a huge, huge number of spells and such, so... *shrug*
Encard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:50 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Speaking of spells, I find it amusing about my Henchman, Barbieknock. Have no idea what spells he uses, have no control over that at all. I just watch things fly from his hands (usually says "unknown spell" LOL) and wonder what it was. Pretty fun actually, cause when you level up he levels up and gains more "unknown" spells, wonder what else he can do LOL?

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 06:51 PM   #6
uss
20th Level Warrior

thanks, guys(Especially you, Lady Zekke [img]smile.gif[/img] . Hey, nice sig [img]graemlins/showoff.gif[/img] )! ill try to get used to it, and get in to it.
i tried playing a mage. i think ill start a new character. a Fighter/Mage [img]smile.gif[/img] !
oh, and i LOVE creepy and scary features in games !

[ 06-28-2002, 06:53 PM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 06-28-2002, 06:54 PM   #7
Jerhal
Dungeon Master

You would know what he was casting if your char had a high enough spellcraft ability. Thats why it says unknown. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It took me awhile to like the game. The Acadamy area is more of a tutorial then anything...it gets better once you get out of there.
Old 06-28-2002, 06:57 PM   #8
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Quote:
Originally posted by Encard:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Definitely creepy in some parts... Charwood comes to mind now... [img]tongue.gif[/img] Hmm... as for the original question... I found it fairly interesting when i started out, but I really started liking the game a lot once I got into Beggar's Nest. Muahahaha... fun... [img]tongue.gif[/img] personally, though, I like having a huge, huge number of spells and such, so... *shrug*[/QUOTE]Charwoods EXACTLY where I had in mind lol Creepy.....I loved it!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:57 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally posted by uss:
*sigh* i played this game till i got out of the whole big academy but i still didnt find it to my liking. i dont know why.. maybe because its got too many special skills, feats, spells and stuff.. but most of you are jumping up and down, saying how good this game is. [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
At which point did you start liking it? it would be really sad if i would never like NwN AT ALL
You're just crazy I guess.. seek help QUICKLY! !!!

Wait till you get out of the Academy.. give it a chance.. I personally LOVE it.. It actually lived up to everything I thought it would be like and MORE! So rare.... so VERY rare! 10/10 stars!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2002, 09:04 PM   #10
uss
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
quote:
Originally posted by uss:
You're just crazy I guess.. seek help QUICKLY! !!!

Wait till you get out of the Academy.. give it a chance.. I personally LOVE it.. It actually lived up to everything I thought it would be like and MORE! So rare.... so VERY rare! 10/10 stars!
[/QUOTE]Me? Crazy? ofcourse i am but crazy people can love great games also !
yes, ive noticed that you keep jumping up and down, raving about this games perfection . i just created a halfling thief. boy, that was fun. now, ill try playing with him