Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2001, 09:11 AM   #1
Sentinel04
The Magister

Hey guys...

I was installing Icewind Dale just find(using the full install), when I kick the computer plug out of the wall. I was like shizat, and I restarted the computer hoping I could just uninstall the game and reinstall. The thing is I hadn't actually installed all of the game, I just installed 50% of it. So when I thow the CD in it says 'Play' in the 'install' button, when of course, I haven't actually installed it all. When I tried to uninstall it, the computer was like 'no'. So I thought, screw it I'll just do it manually and deleted the Icewind Dale folder and all components. Well I did that and the game still has the 'Play' button instead of the 'Install' button.

Any help woudl be appreciated. Thanks.
Sentinel04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:00 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

The best way to remove a file is to use the ADD/REMOVE programs feature, found on the Control Panel. Deleting the folders out of your drive manually is not the recommended way to acheive maximum deletion. If you have already removed all of the components, then the ADD/REMOVE selection will not work. I hope you still have them in your recycle bin. Restore them, and try again through the control panel. If that does not work, then let us know.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-16-2001).]
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 12:06 PM   #3
Theoran
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sentinel04,

I've had the same problem before. What I had to do was to go into the registry and remove all occurrences of Icewind Dale.

***WARNING***
Please backup your registry before editing it.
Click here to learn how to backup your registry

Go to start / run / type regedit / click edit / find / then type Icewind and then click ok. Once it finds an occurrence of icewind dale delete it and then hit the F3 key to continue searching for more occurrences. Reboot your machine. Now, try to install your game.

------------------
The Ramblings of Theoran
Theoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 03:27 PM   #4
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
The best way to remove a file is to use the ADD/REMOVE programs feature, found on the Control Panel. Deleting the folders out of your drive manually is not the recommended way to acheive maximum deletion. If you have already removed all of the components, then the ADD/REMOVE selection will not work. I hope you still have them in your recycle bin. Restore them, and try again through the control panel. If that does not work, then let us know.

Larry, I already tried that. Of course it didn't work. Let's hope Theoran's link can help.

Thanks for your help guys!
Old 08-16-2001, 03:47 PM   #5
Sentinel04
The Magister

Yes! I got it working correctly! Thans Theoran, I REALLY appreciate your help!
Old 08-16-2001, 04:49 PM   #6
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I am glad you got it to work!
Sorry I wasn't any help.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 07:10 PM   #7
Theoran
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sentinel04,

The only reason I new that was because I spent about eight hours one day trying to get IWD to install correctly. I personally hate to get into the registry. It's pretty spooky in there. Any way. I'm glad you got everything working. I guess you've learned to be still when you install programs now.
Theoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 02:37 PM   #8
Sentinel04
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Theoran:
Sentinel04,

The only reason I new that was because I spent about eight hours one day trying to get IWD to install correctly. I personally hate to get into the registry. It's pretty spooky in there. Any way. I'm glad you got everything working. I guess you've learned to be still when you install programs now.
LoL!

Yes I have, and thanks again for your help.