Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 04:51 PM   #1
Akira
Welcomed New User

After I finished the final battle in HoW, it transports me back to Kuldahar. How to get back to Whistling Gallows? I tried to go back to a save game, on the island where the final battle takes place, but the barbarian who gave me a ride said he couldn't take me back until the issue was resolved. Need your help!!! What to do? I really don't want to play HoW again to get to the level I am at. Any and all replys will be greatly appreciated.

Akira
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 05:33 PM   #2
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Sorry Akira but you'll have to do it over, although maybe someone knows a cheat-code to get you there.

[This message has been edited by Lord of Alcohol (edited 07-18-2001).]
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 06:38 PM   #3
Akira
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the reply, Lord of Alcohol (btw...love the name , I am but a serf in Your Mighty Kingdom, god bless it). Anyway...what the fork?!? You are telling me that I went out and bought THIS, this "Heart of Winter" *blasphemy of a game* in order to play the Trials (which I have heard nothing but good things about and am DYING to play), and now that I beat their anoyying little expansion...I CAN'T????? I am just wondering why there were no warnings within the readme...except for the measly "Make haste to the Whistling Gallows in Lonelywood, friend... For your journey starts there..."...if you can even call that a warning. Now that I have read deeper into the posts on this board, I have seen the warnings put forth by my fellow gamers, and wish I would have done so earlier. Forgive us, oh mighty Black Isle, for we are but not the telpathic seers that you MUST be... Maybe if you would have done a better job with HoW, like including the Trials, people like me, who have dedicated countless hours, spent approximately 70 hard earned dollars, and now endured the last few hours of absolute rage...wouldn't be so damn upset. All I am asking for is a little common courtesy here. Listen up, Black Isle...the little people speak.

Off the soapbox and back to the fields I go....

Akira
Akira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2001, 09:30 PM   #4
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

In order to quickly get to ToL...could you use the cheats to fly through the last part of HoW? I know I would...if that is all that stopped me.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club
Witness of the 4,000th post by Cloudposter
Currently engaged in the Throne of Bhaal expansion set
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 12:26 AM   #5
Khanar
Manshoon

Why can't you just import your characters that got saved after HoW ended, and then restart the expansion as another game, and then go to TotLM that way via the halfling at the inn? That's what I did.
Khanar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 01:26 PM   #6
DragonAscending
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Why can't you just import your characters that got saved after HoW ended, and then restart the expansion as another game, and then go to TotLM that way via the halfling at the inn? That's what I did.

I did this the first time through, although I found it anticlimactical when I finished ToLM... just return to Inn..no fanfare etc. I am going through the whole IWD again with a new party and plan to do HOW somewhere in the middle. Then I plan to go back to Easthaven and finish with the *big bang* of defeating Pomeb. So far I think it is DEFINATELY worth doing HOW/TOLM before finishing IWD completely.

If anyone has done this and has found a glitch please let me know, I am only to the Vale in IWD at present.

THX.
DragonAscending
DragonAscending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2001, 02:16 PM   #7
DragonAscending
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just realized that I posted with a *sarcastic* smiley. Didn't mean to do that... it just looked cute, until I checked the legend ... DUH!
Sorry about that.

DA
DragonAscending is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 08:16 PM   #8
Halloween_Jack

Does anyone know if there's a "MoveToArea" cheat, as in BG2? I'm having the same prob - finished HoW, want to do ToL, DON'T want to re-do the game (just yet). I was thinking you could use the "MoveToArea" command to take your party back to Lonelywood. Anybody tried this? Anybody know what the AR number for Lonelywood is?

------------------
The Halloween Jack is a real cool cat
And he lives on top of Manhattan Chase
The elevator's broke, so he slides down a rope
Onto the street below, oh Tarzie, go man go
Old 08-14-2001, 11:51 PM   #9
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

minor spoiler?..

i agree that going from IWD to HOW to TotLM back to IWD seems the most continuous. and IWD does have the best ending. but in lieu of cheats, if you play it in this order, you will never get the restored blade of Aiohen to the dwarven smith in HoW. That's why i say it's easier to just play IWD all the way, then import your characters to HoW and play a bit, then go to the lure master, then back to HoW.
Of course, importing the characters to HoW will eliminate the statistics they had acruued in IWD which can be a minor bummer if you're a real stickler. of course, they're only numbers, and you can write them down and do the math after HoW if you REALLY wanna look at the character's performance.

oh yeah, and if you're going to do the long haul of all three games, make sure to make a few Multiclassed characters. they will level up to the normal 8,000,000 xp experience cap in EACH CLASS! so it's way more powerfull to have a lvl30/30 fighter mage than just a lvl30 fighter and a lvl30 mage (with a FEW minor changes, multiclassed fighters cannot go beyond 2 slots in each weapon.. i'm not certain on the exp cap for DUAL classed characters.. but the dual classed Fighter Druid is definately superior to the multiclassed half elvin version)
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote