Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2000, 09:57 PM   #1
Jackyl

I have found five of the six badges and clueless as where to find the last. I have Maiden Ilmadia's, Brother Perdiem's, Krilag's, Malavon's, and Marketh's. Please help!
Old 07-12-2000, 12:23 AM   #2
Wretched

You are missing Joril's badge.

Joril is located in Wyrm's Tooth, across the bridge that seems to be broken, preventing you from getting to the other side.

In the room where the slaves are hiding from the Ice Salamanders, go all the way to the left, and even if you've already saved the slaves, you'll find a book on the floor about Engineering. Take this book to the bridge, and you'll be able to fix it. Cross the bridge, and Joril is in the cave on the other side.

*BUG NOTE*

Don't provoke any of the Frost Giants inside Joril's cave until you've fought Joril himself.. if you do, then you won't be able to get Joril's badge (or at least, this is what happened to me).
Old 07-14-2000, 02:23 PM   #3
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

Wish I'd read your post before last night. There I was merrily slaying frost giants and freeing slaves, rejoicing in my humanity and hoping for my 6th badge and er.. No Joril to be found anywhere at all in those caves. Is there any way around this? Or did you backup from a previous stage saved game.. Being a big exponent of the quicksave and rather lazy about staging saved games, I'd rather not have to start again. Being a QE I guess I'm rather miffed by quite a glaring bug.
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2000, 02:28 PM   #4
Asphyxiate
Manshoon

I'm an idiot. Upon re-walking the area with a magnifying glass I noticed a small lump on the ground, picked it up and it was Joril's badge. Probably forgot to loot him after a few too many nips o'the good stuff. After that it was just a matter of plugging them into the idol room and the game was done pretty much. Personally, I found the penultimate battle harder than the last one. Any opinions on that? Lightning did more damage to me than the demon managed to, and my mage running in circles neutralised the iron golem threat. Perhaps I got lucky, either way i LOVE that guys voice. I really think the atmospherics and casting in this game have set new levels for immersion. God, what to do until BG2 comes out? Perhaps some long-awaited housework..
Asphyxiate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2000, 03:52 PM   #5
Wretched

I do agree that the battle with the shopkeeper was a bit more difficult than the final battle, because of the constant lightning flying around and the fact that those silly guardians didn't know when to stay down! The hardest battle for me, though, was the one in the Idol room... because I didn't know to go straight after the Idol itself (because I was getting mauled by Greater Mummies), and even when I did, it managed to kill most of my party before I got it.

Great game though, definately... I can't wait until Baldur's Gate II!