Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2001, 02:42 PM   #1
Vortessa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Having played IWD and finished, I then installed HOW only to find that there was no natural way to play it as part of IWD. I loaded in a prior saved game and managed to take my characters into HOW.

I then completed HOW only to find that I could not play TOTL. You guessed it, I loaded in a previously saved game. Except this time I was on the Sea of Moving Ice and had no way to get back!

I do not like cheating in games like this but I had to search out some method whereby I could play the game as one contiguous theme rather than 3 separate games.

My solution was to use a cheat.

With cheats enabled I held down CTRL-TAB and typed in:

GETYOURCHEATON:MoveToArea("AR9100");

This took me to Lonlywood.

Other important area codes are:

Easthaven AR1000
Kuldahar AR2100
Moving Ice AR9600

I hope this type of a solution does not spoil your gameplay. It has certainly allowed me to feel as though I am playing one game without the mess of saving and loading characters.

Good Luck!
Vortessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2001, 01:10 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Actually, when you start a game, it gives you the option to only play HOW or to play IWD and HOW together.
If you're in the game but already installed HOW, simply go to the locked hut in Kuldahar and talk to the shaman and he'll bring you to HOW. In HOW, talk to the guy that gives you ToTL and you'll be able to access the new areas.

Read the manual!

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2001, 09:28 PM   #3
Rikard

you know lifetime
This:
Quote:
Read the manual!

------------------
Why?