Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2000, 04:52 PM   #1
Ashe

Sorry if this is a silly question, but IWD is the first of these D&D CRPG games I have played.

I have a fighter that I just dual-classed over to cleric. When I did that, all my fighter weapon proficiencies I chose disappeared, even the ones that weren't incompatible with cleric proficiencies. Will I get those proficiencies back when I level up high enough as a cleric? I was specialized with sling (missile weapons). Will I still be specialized when I level up high enough? Will it screw things over if I choose the same proficiency for my cleric?

Thanks,
Ashe
Old 07-05-2000, 06:09 PM   #2
Slinky

If I'm not mistaken, this is how it will work. Say you dual class your fighter at level 3 to a cleric. Once you do that you wont be able to use any fighter abilities until your cleric reaches level 4. Once the cleric reaches level 4 you should then be able to use both classes. Hope this helps.
Old 07-14-2000, 12:19 AM   #3
Wretched

Here is a cool thing about dual-classing though... A druid, who has some really cool spells, can heal as good as a cleric, and goes up levels faster, is kindof a pain because of their armor restrictions. However, if you dual from a fighter to a druid, once your druid levels pass the fighter levels, you can wear any armor you want!
Old 07-14-2000, 02:00 AM   #4
Der_Nibelung

But remember, a Cleric is still bound to his weapon restrictions. A Fighter will loose his edged weapons and bows if he duals to a Cleric. Plan ahead.
Old 07-14-2000, 08:36 AM   #5
kdogrex2

Are you sure that he will lose his edged weapon and bow abilities? A fighter dualed to mage can still use a sword, just can't wear armor to cast spells. Things every gamer wants to know...
Old 07-14-2000, 10:05 AM   #6
Charancis

Yes, a cleric/??? will only be allowed to use
non-edged weapons. The reason your & my
fighter/mage can use a sword is no edge restrictions. Conversely, try & use a spell in full plate or leather armor, it does not work. Hope everyone is enjoying the game.
Old 07-18-2000, 05:24 AM   #7
Growler

Hmm...Considering the possibilities of a human dual classed character, i would also suggest Fighter/Druid. Druids have these fantastic offensive spells such as summon giant insects and fireseeds and the seering orb, and what you can do is making your fighter climb to about 300000xp and dual class at that moment, and i think your character can be a maxed out druid with superb offensive power wearing super heavy armour.

Be sure to learn the arts of long swords for druid scimitars and missile weapons for super slings, or maybe clubs too.