Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2002, 08:40 AM   #11
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
Pardon my acronymity, but I suggest you're supporting a "lost cause" there Donut. I thought you to be of more aristocratic mein - depressing to see this descent to the "lower classes". One has hopes that you wit will soon regain its' acerbic splendour .

I think you've had a bit too much of the amber nectar mate. This post was absolute gibberish. What the hell is 'acronymity'? Have you just invented the word? [img]smile.gif[/img]

'... you wit will' You are starting to sound like some native Australian owl. 't'wit, t'will, t'wit, t'will.

And for your information I am proud to be a member of the lower classes.

Is that ascerbic enough for you? [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-14-2002, 08:49 AM   #12
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Sigh, it seem subtitles are sometimes lost on you - my apologies, for it seems that it is possible that I have been to clever by half in my previous post .
Old 02-14-2002, 11:26 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

Okaaaaaay! I have to admit that I nearly gave up on this one but I persevered with it and there was no way I would let an Aussie put one over on me. It was deep, waaaaay deep but I finally worked it out.

Fool me Davros?, little chance!!

So why is Steve Waugh called Tugger? Is it because he is such a w.........nooooooooooo!! it's a family show!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-14-2002, 05:02 PM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Okaaaaaay! I have to admit that I nearly gave up on this one but I persevered with it and there was no way I would let an Aussie put one over on me. It was deep, waaaaay deep but I finally worked it out.

Fool me Davros?, little chance!!

So why is Steve Waugh called Tugger? Is it because he is such a w.........nooooooooooo!! it's a family show!

Pleased to see you-re back on form old bean .

Tug o' war
Tugg er Waugh
Tugger

Just like Mark Waugh made lots of runs in the early days but couldn't break into the test team (mid to late 80's). Steve was in there for several years before Mark finally got a look in. So Mark was the "Forgotten War" which back at that time was the conflict between USSR and Afghanistan - that's how Mark got his nickname.