Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2001, 09:52 AM   #1
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

I don" know... they are so wicked!!! I mean, Zeus, the main God right? Mr. Incest man himself... why did he have to do all those women? including, sister, daughter, whatever... Hell, Palla Athena came out from his head!!! Aphrodite was also said to be his and Diana i think.. but danG!!! whats it with them?!?! i mean everyone!!! they look and act so... twisted...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 10:19 AM   #2
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Well it is not only the Greek Gods you know...I think the Eqyptian Deity family tree has no branches

Gaea had a son (with no father), Uranus. She then married Uranus and together they had Cronus. Cronus then castrated his father (and perhaps technically his brother), Uranus.
Cronus' wife was Rhea (don't know where she came from ) and they had the Titans (15 in all including Zeus).

Zeus (who escaped the wrath of Cronus) led the olympians in a revolt to over throw Cronus and succeeded. The olympians then banished the Titans and assumed rule.

There are 12 olympians in all and they are pretty much so intermixed that the family tree looks like a scrub brush

Athena did spring from Zeus' head (fully armoured too) and one story says that Aprodite was the daughter of Zeus and Dione and the other says that after Cronus castrated Uranus, he threw the...uh-um...thingies into the sea and this produced Aprodite, who sprang forth and walked ashore at Cyprus....now we are getting strange

I will agree with you Bahamut, the greek mythology is a bit whacky but I don't think it is any stranger than any of the others

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time

[This message has been edited by Moridin (edited 07-18-2001).]
Old 07-18-2001, 10:20 AM   #3
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

Hey - you forgot to mention he appeared to loads of Earth ladies as a swan and a bull and he was the original golden shower.

I mean, what was wrong with his usual anatomy or was he just deeply kinky

------------------
There is only one kiwidoc, accept no substitutes

STANDARD OPERATING PROCEEDURE
www.judyhope.co.uk
Old 07-18-2001, 10:24 AM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

in the book that im reading, they missed out the uh-um thing... yes, aphrodite seemed to sprang out of sea-foam they say... thats where she got her name.. or the other which was Cy something...

Athena, fully armored, yes, and Zeus bonked Hera and got a son, but Hera, Zeus wife, is one mean girl, but then they all are!!! the are soooo whacky!! can somebody tell me why old people think this way!!!!

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 10:26 AM   #5
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
Hey - you forgot to mention he appeared to loads of Earth ladies as a swan and a bull and he was the original golden shower.

I mean, what was wrong with his usual anatomy or was he just deeply kinky
I thought Poseidon was the god of water sports

And his stories about appearing as a bull on the earth to whoo women has to be false. Have you ever heard of a woman that walked up to a bull...I think most would run like hell at the site of a huge white bull

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Old 07-18-2001, 10:27 AM   #6
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

btw, i said before to a friend, in my opinion, they had no choice...coz they had to start with themselves and if they did it to a human, they would be demi-gods... but then my friend said that no. They have the option ofsaying whos God, and it can all be done like how Athena sprung out. Or Aphrodite, and that Zeus was just one loving incest bastard

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 10:29 AM   #7
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Poseidon is one of those powerful Gods right? dang... and that Trojan war sux too...

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe
Old 07-18-2001, 10:31 AM   #8
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I think it can be said, at least to a certain extent, that a culture's pantheon of gods and goddesses represents and reflects their own accepted standards and social mores. In short, if you want to find out the commonly accepted social tenets of a society, read their mythology and folklore.

That notwithstanding, the Olympian gods and goddesses had a social drama going on that was worthy of Dynasty or "Days of Our Lives." In short, they were the "daytime dramas" (re: soap operas) of the ancient Greeks.

Just my opinion.

Old 07-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #9
Waluin

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I think it can be said, at least to a certain extent, that a culture's pantheon of gods and goddesses represents and reflects their own accepted standards and social mores. In short, if you want to find out the commonly accepted social tenets of a society, read their mythology and folklore.
You basically took the words right out of my mouth. To understand a culture better, you need to look at such things. It's one the basic tenants of studying cultures, whether ancient or contemporary.
Old 07-18-2001, 10:34 AM   #10
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

never did put it in that kind of perspective Saz... hehehe soap operas... hehehe youre absolutely right... heeheehee, except their method of reproduction that is.

------------------

Yukishiro Tomoe